Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wloden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Gate Open/Closed Indicator
    I have a gate which can be opened with a remote control at the end of my driveway.
    I have seen a device which indicates when the gate is open or closed. It was fairly
    Simple, it was on a swivel. When the gate was closed it forced a "flag" into an up
    Position. The "flag" was a reflector which could be seen from a distance.

My question is, Does anybody know where I can purchase such an item?

Thank You,

Bill
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Something to consider, I recently made connections for Consumer installed Gate Operator.
    Someone had installed 2 additional Limit Switches, to indicate Open/Close. New operator
    Did not have room for 2 more. So I used unused terminal on N/O N/C switch, and one to the common. Works Great, except Red and Green are ON during transit. Which turned out
    Not a problem. You could add switch so it would lite indicators, activate buzzer, both.
    This was on a house that could not see Gate.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 01:42 PM
    The terminals on N/0 N/C switchs I am speaking of, are the limit switches in operator.
    Do you, or can you get 3 wires from house to operator?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door open indicator [ 4 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house with an attached garage. It’s been nice weather so we have been leaving the door open. However we have forgotten to close it when we go to bed at night. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood. We should just check to see if its closed each night but I thought...

Honda civic 2002 open door indicator light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honda civic 2002 and recently I did get that the open door indicator light it is not working. When the car is on and a door is open it don´t show the indicator in the instruments panel also the light in the dome get on. The open truck indicator light go on only if the truck is open. ...

Open limit switch indicator light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace and just the other night I noticed the house wasn't heating, I checked the furnace and the indicator light suggested vent blockage checked the vent stack that leads to chimney and found 2 dead birds in stack removed them and started furnace, thought I had it fixed. All...

Crawl space vents open or closed? [ 1 Answers ]

Should I open or close my crawl space vents during the winter. I live in west NC, so it will most likely be below freezing most nights throughout the winter. I come from FL and am not used to this. I just don't want mey water line freezing up. Thanks! Craig

View more questions Search