Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pasteldream Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2018, 09:42 AM
    What can I use until I can see a dentist?
    Hey, I'd like to explain my situation first because I tried asking elsewhere and people weren't helpful, they were more judging than anything. And maybe they have a right to, what I did was my fault. I guess I just didn't think I needed to be told what I was doing wrong, I needed to know how to fix it. Anyway, moving on. I had to get braces when I was younger, for a long time I prided myself in keeping my teeth clean even before the braces. As I got older though, I got stuck in this dark place mentally and emotionally. I didn't want to do anything, not even take care of my teeth. I stopped going to the dentist/orthodontist. Well, now my teeth are in bad condition and I'm really embarrassed and insecure about it. I've had panic attacks over it because I don't know what to do now. There are certain people I don't want to know about this, one of my doctors is one of them, but when I go he usually asks me to open my mouth and say "ah" like an average doctor does and I have an appointment coming up with him, but I'd rather just keep this between my dentist and I. I have been to a dentist recently, but they couldn't do anything for me because I didn't have 172 dollars for a treatment that my insurance doesn't cover. I considered some of those fake teeth that you just fit over your own real teeth, but I read that it doesn't work with braces. I mean, I can pull the wire out, it's loose. So then it'll just have to fit over some brackets. But I don't know how and if that'd work. I'm also living with a couple of people that I don't want to know about what I'm going through, it's embarrassing. Can anyone please help me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2018, 09:57 AM
    I cannot address your personal dramas, but if you need money for a dentist get a GoFundMe account, if you have no other options. Just curious about what you get for $172 dollars that would make such a difference. Sounds shaky to me. Maybe if you raise enough money you can find a way to deal with the notion of keeping your dental condition from a doctor. That in itself sounds VERY shaky.

Like I said though, I have no advice or suggestions for the drama and concern over your teeth, but hope you get help for whatever is illing you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 16, 2018, 10:19 AM
    Please go to a reputable dentist who will remove your braces, clean your teeth, and assess them for repair. Are there cavities that have started under the braces?
    Pasteldream Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2018, 12:52 PM
    Well, you're right. The $172 won't make much of a difference considering it's not anything major like extractions, implants and other procedures. It's a treatment called a Full Mouth Debridement. Even though it won't make much of a difference, at least I'd be a step closer to getting them fixed in one way or another. If I had the money, that is. Also, GoFundMe is a good suggestion. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am a dentist( bds) in india can I practise as a assistant dentist here [ 1 Answers ]

I am an indian dentist.. my qualification is bds... as I got married now am staying here in australia with my husband... I just want to know whether I can work as dental assistant or not

How do I sue a dentist? [ 10 Answers ]

I have just had my braces removed. My dentist is the most unprofessional man I have ever met. He would have me in the waiting room for hours. I would have a 10 am appt. and would not leave until 4 pm. I lived about 4 hours away and his office was aware of this, and yet I would show up for an...

The Dentist [ 7 Answers ]

Guy and a girl meet at a bar. They get along so well That they decide to go to the girl's place. A few drinks later, the guy takes off his shirt and then Washes his hands. He then takes off his trousers and washes his hands Again. The girl has been watching him and says, 'You must be...

Can I sue this dentist? [ 5 Answers ]

I had visited a dentist in dec 2008 they had given me a dental cleaning and suggested to have some teeth fixed such as fillings. I then had set up appointments to do this. On one particular tooth that they had told me I needed a filling, I had them do it, a week latter the tooth hurt, keep in mind...

Being a dentist [ 4 Answers ]

Around how much will I earn if I be a dentist in USA? Or england?/:confused:

View more questions Search