Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GrannyD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2018, 04:18 PM
    I hired a contractor who scammed me out of thousands of dollars. He has a green card
    I hired a contractor who scammed me out of thousands of dollars on repairs to my flooded home (and have since located others he scammed). He has a green card and has applied for US Citizenship. How do I report his scamming to immigration so it is in his file when he goes to Citizenship hearing/interview?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2018, 09:34 AM
    I would first find a lawful way to get my money back, like small claims court to start. It's also an easy thing to get the contact information for the agencies you think could help, including immigration services with a Google search.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am the contractor can another one be hired without first telling me [ 2 Answers ]

I am the contractor. I was to build a inside wall. After job was done, later customer was not happy. Without informing me, hired another contractor to work on wall because they were not happy with work. And because they were unhappy with my work, they want me to pay the new contractor for work that...

Hired contractor to roof house & paid deposit 2215 & he has not done anything [ 3 Answers ]

I hired a roofing contractor to put a new metal roof on my home. He received a deposit of 2,215 to purchase materials & start job the next week. He never called or showed up. After finally getting him to respond to a text message he said that he would start the following Wed. - he never called or...

I hired a contractor to fix my roof and it still leaks - can I sue? [ 1 Answers ]

In August of 2010 I hired a roofing contractor to fix a leak in the roof where my sunroom joins the main house. It was leaking only into the sunroom. We agreed upon a price of $250 to repair the seam. He went up and caulked and tarred the seam. It didn't work. He came back on several occasions...

Quarterly Taxes [ F1 visa and on OPT hired as an independent contractor (1099) ] [ 2 Answers ]

I am on an F1 visa and am on OPT(17 month STEM Extension) hired as an independent contractor (1099). It has been exactly 2.5 years since I came to the US. Do I have to pay quarterly taxes ? Thanks, Abhishek

Hired a bad contractor [ 7 Answers ]

Long story short; my husband and I hired a contractor to install a patio in our yard. He did a lousy job, agreed he did a lousy job, and agreed to re-do it. He ripped it out, left us with a gravel pit and we never heard from him again. After many ignored phone calls we filed against him in small...

View more questions Search