Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vespers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2018, 09:03 PM
    Theft Under $5,000 in Ontario, Canada - Diversion?
    Last month, I was charged with Theft Under $5,000. It's something I've never done before, and I'll never do again. One day when I was walking home, I found a clutch purse in a parking lot. Impulsively, I took the money out of the purse and left it, not realizing that I was caught on camera and the police were able to track me down a couple of weeks later.I had been looking for a job for over a year, and was almost broke after paying my last property tax bill - I've been depressed for a very long time and I have trouble with insomnia that my doctor won't help me with. I felt like I was on the brink of losing my home if I couldn't continue to make the payments, so whatever reason, taking the money felt like it would help, but of course I felt extreme remorse as soon as I got home.I have no history at all of theft, and this would be my first such offence for this kind of thing. However, I was charged with DUI a few years ago, but went to court and got things reduced to careless driving on a plea down. Given that I have this in my history, will this badly affect my chances for being offered diversion? What could I possibly expect?The thing about this is the day after the incident, I had an interview at a well-known university and was offered a job which I gladly accepted. I have started taking stress management workshops offered by my regional government, and things were finally starting to look up again. I was finally getting the help that I've been trying to get for months.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000 in ontario, canada [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I am 18 years old and was recently caught trying to walk out of walmart with unpaid cosmetics in my purse. The loss prevention officer took me to the back and read me my rights, and we waited for a police officer to arrive who charged me with theft under $5000. I have a date set for...

Theft over 5 thousand in canada ontario? [ 1 Answers ]

A few months ago I bought a truck that I knew nothing about other then the add saying the truck was in an accident and needed a new frame and was in parts. It was a newer truck and I was being allowed to make payments on it. Which I thought was a good idea. I am only 18yrs old and I will be 19 in...

Youth charged in Ontario,Canada of theft under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

My seventeen year old son was charged and arrested for theft under 5000 . He admitted to stealing hardware from a computer at his job. He is to appear in court in several weeks and will be fingerprinted. I have already hired a lawyer but my question is since he is under eighteen how long will his...

Theft under $5000 in Ontario - diversion, police records check vs. Criminal record! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My situation is unique in that I am a member of a PROFESSION that requires a police records check and Criminal Records Check. I am also up for a government job and don't know if they've already checked my record or not. Either way, I'm looking at losing work and feel FULLY screwed....

Theft under 5000, Canada, Ontario [ 0 Answers ]

My last paycheque (over a thousand dollars) from my past employer was mailed to my previous residence, where the woman living there managed to cash my paycheque "by accident." When she was caught by the bank, she e-mailed me and confessed what she did. I filed a police report but they said that I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.