Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalvanorman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2018, 02:02 PM
    A boy touched my grandson innapropritely at safety town both are 5 years old the boy
    Should my daughter tell teacher so they can be separated or not send him back? But still call teacher and tell her so he can't do it to anyone else?it's 10 days of safety town and he has went 4. Safety town. Right.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2018, 02:54 PM
    How did he touch him improperly? They are 4 and 5 years old, correct? Could you be overreacting?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2018, 03:18 PM
    Wow. Agree with the overreacting. This is a teaching/learning opportunity for all involved, present company included. If you react like this for each teaching opportunity, then it's going to be a stressful childhood and grandparenthood. And I know it's hard to believe this in a world of Kardashian's, but kids do experiment. That's not what happened here - just preparing you for the teen years.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2018, 02:07 PM
    Instruction should start with your own 5 year old from the parent, grandma. I strongly advise the parent have some instruction as to the best ways to age appropriately instruct a 5 year old on touching others, and what's appropriate, and not appropriate, both by him and by others. This is best handled by adults and professionals in very discreet ways.

It's not a matter of separating them or not sending him back, but teaching him what he should and should not do, and what he should do when it happens. If he told your daughter about it I am sure she will get with the teacher and have a strategy for the right kind of age appropriate ways to handle this situation.

I would be very interested to know how your daughter handles this if at all possible. How did YOU find out about this situation?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 13, 2018, 10:29 PM
    I’m not sure what safety town is, but as a teacher, I need more details. First, the teacher should be notified immediately. She needs to know what your grandson said. Then, she can speak to the other child. This may be something that needs to be looked into, or it can be resolved with a conversation.
    As a veteran teacher, this must be looked into. If not, in today’s world, it can become a major issue. Start with the teacher, and let her handle it. From my experience, children often are told that no one is allowed to touch them in a private area. So, in a school or play setting, a child may bump into or accidentally touch them, and they report it to me.
    Many times, it’s nothing, but I can name many instances where the touching was inappropriate and it had to be investigated and dealt with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Town of creepy people who all seem to have a secret. Stranger comes into town. [ 2 Answers ]

What was that movie called where the man goes into a town and it's filled with evil people who all seem to have a secret and who are not going to let him leave alive. I can't remember if they're cannibals and plan on eating him. It might have been a TV movie. I think it was from the late 70s or...

What is the difference between safety belt and safety harness [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between safety belt and safety harness?

Mother left child in care of parents and father is out of town of town working [ 2 Answers ]

Mother has custody of the child and father has joint custody of the child .Mother has left child with her parents for four days now. Her father(grandparent ) just contacted the father to let him know that she has not returned home and is recorded to have a drug problem in the past which was...

Safety of drinking wine that have been on the shelf for several years [ 5 Answers ]

What is the average shelf life of various wines, Zinfandel, Merlot, Lambrusco

View more questions Search