Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwalker74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2018, 12:14 PM
    I bought a house with a cousin and recently sold it, who reports it to IRS?
    My cousin and I sold a house recently, and the deal was that I didn't have to report the profit, my cousin would. What do I need to do to make sure I don't get penalized by the IRS for the profit of the house? Do I need to do schedules or a form for my cousin?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2018, 02:03 PM
    Who paid for the house? Who lived in it? How long? Was the "deal" in writing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am on mortgage but not deed; house recently sold [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I agreed in our divorce agreement that I would stay on the mortgage but not the deed until the house sells or 2 years from the dage of the agreement. I just found out on line that the house sold on July 9. Is he required to notify me of the sale? I have been emailing him but...

We sold our house, bought a vacant 14 acres, put a travel trailer on it to live in. [ 4 Answers ]

We plan to build in the summer. A nasty neighbour across the road, reported us to the township. Apparently you can't live in anything other than a house. The tow Just a quick question.

I recently got married and we sold my wife's house, are we subject to capital gains ta [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got married and we sold my wife's house, are we subject to capital gains taxes on it?

View more questions Search