Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plumbette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2018, 07:39 AM
    Can I replace the u-joint under a utility sink by myself?
    The u-joint has a hole and the connection piece has cracked. The leaking is impossible to "tape up."
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 12, 2018, 12:38 PM
    Hi Plumbette

Sure you can. The u-joint is called a P TRAP. Go to YouTube and search for videos using the search term, "replacing a P TRAP". Many videos will show up... watch a few and see what you think. Please pop back if you have any questions, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attempting to replace the slip joint nut under my kitchen sink. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am attempting to replace the slip joint nut under my kitchen sink. The old one essentially disintegrated and broke off. I bought the replacement piece however I realized that I can't get the nut onto my copper pipe because the dishwasher waste nib is in the way. How can I replace the...

Kitchen Sink/Garbage Disposal back up into Basement Utility Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Our house is an expanded & completely remodelled older home, with new main floor kitchen incl. garbage disposal and dishwasher which drains into kitchen sink line. Our kitchen sink drain will sometimes backup into our utility sink in the basement, including solid food particles from the...

Kitchen Sink water backing into Utility sink in basement [ 1 Answers ]

I have modified ranch, with kitchen sink with Garbage disposer on first floor and in the basement I have Utility sink next to washing machine. Water is backing up in that basement sink when ever there is large volume of water is released like washing dishes and running disposer . Stink...

Kitchen sink backups into utility sink [ 2 Answers ]

When we empty our kitchen sink, it backs up into the utility sink in the laundry room sink and then drains away. This is followed by a smell of sewage in the laundry room. I've read some of the other threads which say this is a blockage downstream from the laundry room but what's interesting is...

Hooking a Utility Sink in basement to Kithcen sink drain [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to install a utility sink in the basement and have attached a drawing illustrating the current piping and proposed attachment. Basically, the kitchen sink drain goes directly into a drain in the basement floor via a 1-1/2" steel pipe, which is tied to the sewer system. I'd like to put a...

View more questions Search