Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coblas Posts: 137, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2018, 02:44 PM
    Should the lawyer provide me with copies of estate documents?
    A friend of mine passed away last December. I had been named executrix of his will and sole beneficiary. His estate is insolvent and I paid the funeral director myself. I wanted to be sure everything was done correctly so I decided to hire a lawyer rather than figure out the procedures myself, but I couldn't find a lawyer willing to take the case. Then I learned about the public administrator in my county in New York State who is required to take any case and reluctantly took mine. I provided her with the will and all other documents and information she requested. I would like to find out if I am entitled to receive copies of any of the documents she has filed or accumulated. She doesn't want me to call and told me she works for the estate, not for me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 11, 2018, 09:23 PM
    You may be named executor but until the will is probated you really have no power going the route you did. However you should receive all your documents at the hearing where the judge approves you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I provide first set of documents when there is fraud? [ 1 Answers ]

Deutsche/Ameriquest/Citi/Amshi/ Mortgage company since 2008 has submitted fraudulent Mortgage documents, Note and Assignment of Mortgage. I filed a counter claim 05/11/11. Now the Plaintiff is asking for first set production and interrogatories. How do I answer the first set of production when...

Does an executor have to provide ANY proof to the itemization in an estate accounting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a delusional family w/ history of Alzheimer's I'm dealing with here. But suffice it to say that 2 family members--now equal beneficiaries in my dad's estate-- have accused me of stealing a large sum of $ from my 2-years-ago-deceased mother and I am worried that now since one of them is...

Estate Lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

How would I find a competent estate lawyer in Austin, Texas without cold calling a dozen law firms?

View more questions Search