Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NATHAN1010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Mortgage loan
    I would like to cosign with ny wife on a mortgage loan. I'm currently in chapter 13 for about 2 years. Chapter 13 ends within a year 3/2008. Is there a mortgage loan that we can apply for where they just use my income is use not credit along with my wife income and credit ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 04:36 PM
    If you are in a chapter 13 part of the legal agreement you have with the court is that you will not borrow "ANY" money make any loan or debt without approval of the court.

So first you will have to get their permission to go further into debt.

But no, they will look at your credit, since you are saying you are going to help pay for the loan.
    miss pinky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 02:26 AM
    Split from wife over a year, 3 years left on mortgage can I sign the house and loan to her solely

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K Loan vs. Home Equity Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I need $50,000 for a kitchen remodel. I can get a 401K loan 5 yr term 9.25 interest - total payments add up to 62,000 or so with a monthly payment of roughly $1,050. That payment is is tough on my current budget so I was considering a Home Equity Loan with a longer term. I know there are a...

Mortgage Loan - Post Divorce (California) [ 2 Answers ]

In my divorce I gave my ex-wife the home, yet did not realize I needed to require her to refinance the loan, so I am not on title but still on the note. She has caused many problems to my credit, including a medical bill she let go to collection for $100 while we were separated (which is only on...

Second Mortgage Loan [ 1 Answers ]

About 3 years ago my mom wanted to refinance her home. Her credit wasn't good enough, so I'm the primary and she co-signed. My mom pays the mortgage payments every month, and has a good pay history. My problem is now I want to buy a home, and I have my name on my moms mortgage. How likely...

View more questions Search