Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 05:55 PM
    What you fail to recognise Tal is that no one is against genuine refugees seeking asylum however the vast majority of those moving around the world, not just from South America, are economic migrants and there is a limited ability in any nation to accommodate them. Admittedly wars have an impact, but there are no wars in South America, there is however the impact of American foreign policy since no other nation dominates the region with its "war" on drugs, and its "war" on poverty. If you were truly making a "war" on terror you would have worked to eliminate the terror that drives these people instead of bombing the crap out of people far away on some pretext which is ill considered and based on lies. You have the mendacity to tell us we are against migration
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 06:39 PM
    the process begins before they cross the border . Once they cross the border illegally their application should be denied and they should be deported immediately . Due process is the rubber stamp sending them back .

When they cross the border legally ;detention is still the 1st step . They have to apply and prove they are eligible under the law I described .They must demonstrate 'credible fear' .Demonstrating credible fear is also not a guarantee they’ll be granted asylum; it only allows them to move on to the next step in the process. Here's the rub IF denied they can request a judicial hearing AND that is where the system is backing up and is being abused .
    The vast majority of Central and South Americans who appear before judges are denied asylum because in fact they are escaping economic situations and not persecution.

Clete they are victims of the Bolivarian Marxist model their idiot dictators adopt.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 07:07 PM
    No one doubts hardship Tom but hardship can be allievated many ways, tal, should advocate for more aid directed at poverty in these places instead of advocating for migration on the basis your country accepted migrants, very few countries didn't accept migrants in one form or another but saying we are all migrants doesn't address domestic or foreign problems arising from migration around the world. People have come to say enough, you can't just decide to cross our borders, flaut our laws and do whatever you want

Tom, I don't accept your thesis they are victims of Marxism. I think they are victims of foolishness. Bolivar rose up against tyranny and they too should rise against tyranny
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 06:43 AM
    yes of course . that was Macron's message to Nigerians .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 11, 2018, 08:16 AM
    I have already advocated for an orderly humane process for people displaced by war, poverty and corruption and criminal activity in their homeland. Short of an invasion into these lands and forcing a plan down their throats to end the negative consequences, solutions are not forth coming by anyone, despite the BILLIONS already being spent. For sure you cannot double whammy these migrants and refugees with more cruelty and mistreatment than they got at home. That's something we CAN control. How we treat the least, those in need.
    So No I do not advocate migration or refugees running from whatever their home is beset with, but I can certainly understand it and assign no BLAME to them! So Clete, please read your own bible and follow it's instruction on how to treat others while we work on the bigger, better solutions through cooperation. The nuance seems to be lost on you.

Pains me to say do not follow our current example as it's corrupted, unfortunately by a leader who is a lying, cheating, loudmouth, bully who kicks those that are down, and brings out the very worst of us while he enriches himself. He creates more problems than he solves and has enough sycophants that agree with him to continue his path to destruction.

We cannot ignore the very good example of the DACA kids, who came and stayed and are ready to contribute to a better country HERE! Nor the success story of the history of migrants and refugees who have helped build this great nation. To NOT turn away from that successful formula is is what I advocate.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I have already advocated for an orderly humane process for people displaced by war, poverty and corruption and criminal activity in their homeland. Short of an invasion into these lands and forcing a plan down their throats to end the negative consequences, solutions are not forth coming by anyone, despite the BILLIONS already being spent. For sure you cannot double whammy these migrants and refugees with more cruelty and mistreatment than they got at home. That's something we CAN control. How we treat the least, those in need.
    So No I do not advocate migration or refugees running from whatever their home is beset with, but I can certainly understand it and assign no BLAME to them! So Clete, please read your own bible and follow it's instruction on how to treat others while we work on the bigger, better solutions through cooperation. The nuance seems to be lost on you.

Pains me to say do not follow our current example as it's corrupted, unfortunately by a leader who is a lying, cheating, loudmouth, bully who kicks those that are down, and brings out the very worst of us while he enriches himself. He creates more problems than he solves and has enough sycophants that agree with him to continue his path to destruction.

We cannot ignore the very good example of the DACA kids, who came and stayed and are ready to contribute to a better country HERE! Nor the success story of the history of migrants and refugees who have helped build this great nation. To NOT turn away from that successful formula is is what I advocate.
    I didn't mean advocate here, you undoubtedly have heard of sanctions which you used effectively to destroy Iraq and are making life difficult for North Korea, how about sanctioning these nations where these people come from, start with Mexico and the idea of a wall may become attractive. DACA is a house of Reps problem, all they need is legislation. It can't be a successful formula if there are 11 million illegal immigrants
    Expert

Jul 11, 2018, 07:41 PM
    The whole immigration debate is a disaster engineered by the BIG mouth of the Dufus with his lies and exagerations and that includes the DACA kids. Red meat for his stupid base. The actual data proves that if one cares to read it. Using your numbers of 11 million undocumented non citizens running around 40% actually visa holders who haven't left when their time expired over at least 15 years, well you do the math.

You have to be a zip darn FOOL to believe HALF of what the Dufus says!
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 08:50 PM
    The whole immigration debate is a disaster engineered by the BIG mouth of the Dufus with his lies and exagerations and that includes the DACA kids. Red meat for his stupid base. The actual data proves that if one cares to read it. Using your numbers of 11 million undocumented non citizens running around 40% actually visa holders who haven't left when their time expired over at least 15 years, well you do the math.

You have to be a zip darn FOOL to believe HALF of what the Dufus says!
    Are you saying there was no debate before Trump began his campaign. You are projecting the problem which predated him on him. It doesn't matter how you measure it; visa overstayers are illegal immigrants. Just because they had some legality at some point in time is no excuse, they are now illegal. I mean, how stupid can you be, to allow a visa to expire and then stay on, running the gauntlet. Demonstrates a certain loyalty to your country of residence, doesn't it. The darn FOOLs are those who game the system and you defend them
    Expert

Jul 11, 2018, 09:07 PM
    I just state the facts of the matter and the whole immigration debate is nothing but a partisan talking point to rev up the political bases and no where near the crisis that people seem to put on them. Yeah I know it's been raging for decades and costing fortunes, but it took the Dufus to raise it to the levels we see now. I suppose he needs to deliver all the red meat he can just to keep from being booted from the White House on his orange a$$!

You may as well join the crowd languishing in The Dufus peeing on your head. Even his red meat is nothing but soy and food coloring.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 10:24 PM
    I just state the facts of the matter and the whole immigration debate is nothing but a partisan talking point to rev up the political bases and no where near the crisis that people seem to put on them. Yeah I know it's been raging for decades and costing fortunes, but it took the Dufus to raise it to the levels we see now. I suppose he needs to deliver all the red meat he can just to keep from being booted from the White House on his orange a$$!

You may as well join the crowd languishing in The Dufus peeing on your head. Even his red meat is nothing but soy and food coloring.
    Well undoubtedly what passes for hamburger over there of soy and food colouring, maybe Trump is suffering from eating too much soy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A pig sees the world [ 0 Answers ]

Children's book about a pig in a pen among many other animals and an old truck ( I believe the pig thinks the old truck is a big animal that makes a funny sound when it starts. The pig sees many other animals when he accidentally gets out of his pen.he believes he is seeing the world as he roams...

My 3 yr old sees a ghost [ 16 Answers ]

My 3yr old was talking to me about a boy an I asked him where is he and he pointed at an empty spot so I told him there's nothing there and he kept insisting there was so I asked is he your friend ? Does he play with you ?and he said yes and I asked how did he look like and he told me he had spikes...

My 2 year old sees a man [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my 3 children recently moved into a new house and my 2 year old has been terrified every since. He will be watching TV and out of nowhere he will scream and be shaking with his heart beating fast. I ask him what is wrong and he says that man scared me. I ask him to show me where and he...

Looking for new clients over sees [ 2 Answers ]

We are looking for new business contacts overseas. My company makes Metal structure with upholstry fabric beds. We are a Portuguese company looking for new business partners, where do I start looking? I appreciate the help. Thanks

She sees me as a more than a friend? [ 11 Answers ]

I met this girl online and got to know her a bit over about 2 months. We met up in the real world and she is great like I imagined. I'm pretty sure she likes me and I was what she was expecting as well. We spent a few hours together talking, it was great and the time flew by. The problem is I am...

View more questions Search