Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HanyWasHere Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2018, 02:45 AM
    BMW f30 2018 front passenger seat belt warning is not working anymore!
    Hello Everyone

I just bought the car a couple of month ago it's a 320i and recently I noticed while my friend was sitting next to me on the front passenger seat it didn't issue the usual warning for the seat belt as it used to do when I first bought it so is there a specific reason for this? And can I fix it myself without having to go back to the dealer?

Thank you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2018, 05:01 AM
    How handy are you? Got tools (Diagnostic Reader)? Review a few videos and see if this is something you can do, as it could be as simple as loose connections under the seat, or a seat belt switch. You can go to YouTube and type your problem in the search box and get videos like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDR_5uiqArk

Check out the whole series.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2018, 05:03 AM
    It's a 2018, its under warranty...the tools to really get into codes and shadow codes on a BWM are available, and also very NOT user friendly. I own 2 BMW's and am technically savy, I don't mess with stuff thats under warranty,
    HanyWasHere Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2018, 05:13 AM
    Thanks a lot!

I am not that handy I'll try and check for any visible loose wires if I couldn't find I'll just go back to the dealer
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2018, 05:22 AM
    Good call.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2018, 06:08 AM
    Why fool with such a safety device. It's under warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 tahoe, my front power seats and passenger side windows stopped working at the sa [ 2 Answers ]

Front power seats and passenger side windows stopped working at the same time. I swapped out the 50a fuse under the hood and was able to move the seat. (didn't check the windows) Replaced the fuse and as soon as I started the motor up, the fuse blew again

My 2006 350 E Mercedes passenger seat seat belt warning light is always on. E [ 1 Answers ]

My passenger seat seat belt sign won't go off even after clicking belt.

Shut off seat belt warning [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know if there is a way to stop the bell warning to put on my seatbelt on a 2012 dodge ram

2005 passenger side seat not working [ 1 Answers ]

My 2005 Chevy Tahoe passenger side power seat (all functions- fwd/back, tilt and recline) stopped working. Does anyone know where the fuse/ breaker or ground is located? Does the breaker automatically reset?

View more questions Search