Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vshorty2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2018, 07:52 PM
    I don't want to divorce my husband but I don't love him anymore
    Two years back we found out I was infertile and instead of comforting me first, my husband immediately calls his mom to tell her. I am going through IVF and I am looking into getting eggs and my husband's sperm inseminated into me.
    He is saying that I am costing him a lot of money and that we should just give up, even though he wants kids. He always thinks only about himself and never about me. We have sex about once every two months or so and whenever I try to hug him or make a move on him he always has an excuse. He also doesn't even come to bed till 2 in the morning. But then he is caring and understanding to everyone else around us except me.
    We have so many arguments in public and he likes just sitting in front of the TV, when he comes back work, and watching all day long till 2.
    His father just passed away 2 years ago and now he is head of his family, according to India law. His mother and sister, his parents, my brother's family always say how sweet and nice he is, and how I am the problem.
    We have been married 9 years and I know I am in a loveless marriage. My husband has no clue and to get him to take me seriously I have to act very mad or cry in front of him. Other than that he is clueless. He is a man of just words, but no follow through.
    He criticizes my work and makes it seem like what I am doing is worthless because I don't make that much money. I teach ESL to Chinese children in China online and I enjoy it. Just because I am not working in the field that I studied in college or a computer programmer, like he is, I am not appreciated in my family at all.
    Everyone always says I am so sensitive because I show my emotions so much, and I can't help it, I just break down sometimes.
    He refuses to go to see the doctor for any check up or go see a therapist. Then he always comes in here like he is concerned.
    His mother and sister are also in town and I keep telling him to tell his mom to keep their spending down because they have only been her about 3 months and have already spent over $5,000, and she is still asking for more presents. When I asked him to speak to his mom he says he will but he never does. He hates confrontation and never follows through. They hate it when I take pictures when we go on trips, but then they ask for me to make a photo album afterwards.
    When I suggest things, they always argue with me, but then when one of them suggests the same thing they all agree.
    Even when I am home he speaks to me like he is annoyed with me. Our hang out time is him sitting on his spot on the floor and me on the couch and watching TV. He loves his TV and his movies.
    I have been married to him for 9 years now and he still feels like a stranger to me, and now he has become a stranger to me that I have been hating more every day.
    I feel like I want to go out and yell, scream, and cry but I can't.
    I don't want to divorce him, but I don't know how to get through to him.
    I feel like I am all alone and I don't know who to turn to.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2018, 05:13 AM
    You sound so overwhelmed by stress maybe you are the one to talk to your doctor and see if he can recommend some relief. Or get you to someone you can talk to. I would be stressed too with my in-laws in town for 3 freaking MONTHS, though I love them dearly, but 3 MONTHS??

Have they moved in or close?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband doesn't love anymore [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for 12 years married 10 years. We have an 8 year daughter and I have 4 other daughters ages 26, 22, 19, 17; whom all call him Dad and love him very much. We both decided that I stayed home and raised our daughter. We have been fighting a lot in the past 5 yrs, never...

Not in love with husband anymore [ 8 Answers ]

I got married at 19, had my first child at 20, then my little boy at 24. All along my marriage I have been going through the struggles of finishing my education, raising my kids, and taking care of my sick mother-in-law. My husbad is 44 and I am 29. I just fell out of love. But have a guilty...

Husband not 'in love' anymore. [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married seventeen years and have two teenage children, at school. Shortly after we married, I had a brief affair, which I have always regretted and have never really been sure why I did; it was meaningless and wrong. My husband was very understandably hurt and angry. However, I thought...

I think I don't love my husband anymore [ 5 Answers ]

I think I don't love my husband anymore, when I marry him he already had a kid plus a was pregnant. My mom told me that I didn't have to marry him but I did anyway. I think it was the biggest mistake I ever mad. We are just fighting about anything, I can take it anymore. He didn't have anything...

I don't love my husband anymore [ 5 Answers ]

I have been married 20 years and have 3 children. The last 5 years I have changed and become a more independent and confident person and I no longer love my husband I feel as if I have outgrown him and don't enjoy his company anymore. I want the best for him but I have no desire for that to be with...

View more questions Search