Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blankie123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2018, 01:40 AM
    What are my rights a s alive in care giver in California?
    My husband and I moved into his aunts house 3 years age upon her request when she was diagnosed with cancer, she signed a work contract with a termination clause stating that upon termination any and all unpaid wages would become due (she held off on paying us while trying to submit for her insurance to pay us through the long term care coverage) she developed dementia last year and her daughter has recently gotten control of her. Serving us with immediate eviction papers. Refusing to pay us anything. We have been here for 3 years and given our lives to her... now what>? Do we have rights?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 1, 2018, 09:02 AM
    You have a right to sue her on the basis of your work contract in a court of law. Yes you will have to move if the daughter says so in writing, and has legal custody/guardianship/power of attorney/or any lawful authority derived through the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health Care Giver [ 0 Answers ]

I am intrested in working in Oxford as a care giver . The reason for needing a Eu Passport

How much should I be getting paid for live-in care giver? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I live in North Dakota. I take care of an 82 year old man who has a prostetic leg, glass eye, pacemaker, & alzhimers. I am his ONLY care giver as he is very stubborn. Stubborn enough in fact that his wife moved out of his home 8 1/2 years ago. She hired me to take care of him. She told me that...

Compensation for Care Giver [ 5 Answers ]

I have been caring for my brother for several years. Taking him to Doctor, lab and other medical test, his Probation Reporting office. I pick up his meds, food, purchase clothes etc. This is putting a financial burden on me as I miss lots of time from work. Can I receive compensation from him...

Care provider or care giver. WHAT! [ 1 Answers ]

Why in some states like the Northwest and West coast fathers are viewed has the care provider and the mother the care giver, now I now the difference so don't get all technical with me, all I'm saying isn't that view and definition a little bias and favor the mother. Us as fathers have to provide...

View more questions Search