Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2018, 05:13 AM
    Obama supporters always trot out the same nonsense. Always the same narrative. The country was about to fall apart, blah, blah, blah, but saint Obama managed to forestall that. 8 years and 10 trillion dollars of debt later, the economy was still only limping along. He had eight years to see a true economic recovery and failed miserably. Trump accomplished that in 18 months. He has made it clear to NATO that it's time for them to pick up the burden for their own defense. NoKo has stopped testing missles and is making at least some progress towards dismantling their nukes. And yes, the 73 Roe decision had nothing to do with law. The Constitution is not even quoted in the majority decision. You are OK with babies killed in the womb. I am not. The principle of the rule of law is vague? Only to you.

It's difficult to discuss these things with someone who is intentionally blind.

And I'll say it again, since no one has bothered to answer it. If you supported Ms. Clinton, then you have no ground to complain about a president who lies. The Clintons were both accomplished, skillful liars. Just remember, for one example, the ridiculous tale she told of flying into Kosovo under sniper fire and having to be hurried off the base. Turned out that the story was just another Clinton whopper.

I am not a Trump supporter. He does many things I don't like (routinely lying is one of them), and if a sensible candidate is put forward in two years, I'll vote for that person. But I get tired of reading material from people who are so full of passionate hate for Trump that they cannot be fair-minded in their appraisal of his performance, nor can they defend their support of a candidate who was equally a liar.

I'm done. This is going no where.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2018, 05:55 AM
    I get that way too watching the loudmouth Dufus tweet and talk on TV spewing lies and crazy stuff. One can only imagine how sensible people who hated Hillary must feel with this Dufus as the only alternative. I see no change in 2020 though but you can always send a democratic house and senate to Washington as a balance to The Dufus.

That's how the founders solved that queasy feeling with an election every TWO years. Good for reigning in would be dictators and incompetent DUFUSES.

Just sayin' and enjoy your coffee.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2018, 06:59 AM
    Just sayin' and enjoy your coffee.
    Ha! I did. Thanks.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2018, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post

Good that you are done since you're contributing nothing here. Losers are always quick to quit the field. You simply repeat lies straight from the playbook of Trump without a scintilla of evidence. Your incivility and rudeness is remarkable for a newbie to this page.

For those of us who consider Trump a "dufus", we have statistics readily available, Trump's own words from videos, innumerable tweets, a long history of Trump's business failures and evidence of a character so corrupt it boggles the mind. Trump's supporters almost invariably claim that they "don't support his lies and behavior", but voted for him anyway. One wonders.

It's a sad truth that Trump's supporters are primarily the Republican establishment who have put party agenda ahead of country, evangelicals who have subordinated the message of their founder to the single issue of abortion, and those who hope Trump will bring back a world that never was and that Trump repeatedly caters to with his never-ending campaign rallies.

His promises are hollow and his support is fraying at the edges as more and more of Trump's supporters are deserting him with every new increasingly bizarre position he manages to adopt as he frantically tries to get out from under in a world that is closing around him.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2018, 12:50 PM
    Good that you are done since you're contributing nothing here. Losers are always quick to quit the field. You simply repeat lies straight from the playbook of Trump without a scintilla of evidence. Your incivility and rudeness is remarkable for a newbie to this page.
    That's the funniest statement I've read in a long time, and I'll bet you can't figure out why. That's why I'm outa here. It's your unwillingness to think seriously without bitterness. Sad.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2018, 04:12 PM

Good that you are able to recognise the circular nature of these debates
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2018, 06:30 PM
    That's the funniest statement I've read in a long time, and I'll bet you can't figure out why. That's why I'm outa here. It's your unwillingness to think seriously without bitterness. Sad.

Sorry, bait not taken. Seems you used this same strategy on another page on this website. Didn't work there, won't work here.

Then you charge others with not thinking seriously. This is what Trump does consistently - accuses the opposition of the very thing he is guilty of. Throw in a few ad hominems and you have a tried and true tactic used by demagogues for many years. You do it, but not very well. Your posts here are transparent to anyone reading them.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2018, 10:22 PM
    Maybe it's you who should take a time out
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2018, 10:07 AM
    As I thought. He could not figure out why. Too consumed with bitterness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SCOTUS to revisit Obamacare [ 109 Answers ]

Not a good week for the emperor . 1st he saw his party take a drubbing at the polls after he claimed that even though he was not on the ballot ,his polices were . Now SCOTUS has granted certiorari in the King v Burwell challenge to Obamacare . Obamacare grants subsidies to low incomes who...

SCOTUS decisions [ 158 Answers ]

Two unanimous decisions today, SCOTUS ruled Obama's LRB appointments were unconstitutional. Apparently they all agreed Congress determines when it is in recess. On another front, they unanimously agreed that Massachusetts'' 35 foot buffer zone around abortion clinics was unconstitutional....

Big week for SCOTUS [ 181 Answers ]

This week SCOTUS will make rulings on 4 cases that could be historic. Fisher v. University of Texas The petitioners argued that racial preferences in admissions to the University of Texas violate the 14 Amendment of the Constitution .The court could make a narrow ruling ,or it could overturn...

Acorn and SCOTUS [ 29 Answers ]

What's this I'm hearing? Did the SCOTUS really decline to force the AG of Ohio to verify 200,000 new suspect voter registrations? Most were submitted by ACORN, it seems. Have we reached the place when a partisan AG and Governor can support voter fraud in order for their guy to be elected, and NOT...

More SCOTUS decisions [ 24 Answers ]

Chief Justice Roberts said, "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race." Wasn't that refreshing? Clarence Thomas added, "What was wrong in 1954 cannot be right today... The plans before us base school assignment decisions on students'...

View more questions Search