Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2018, 05:43 PM
    Oh wow, like Russia hasn't learned a thing or two since then? You really are technologically challenged. Vlad counts on that too. So do Xi and Kim. You aren't learning anything from Target or Facebook. Or Yahoo for that matter. Why do you think they stopped using Chinese phones for American service people?

https://www.cnet.com/news/pentagon-r...ilitary-bases/

Tip of the iceberg dude.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2018, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Oh wow, like Russia hasn't learned a thing or two since then? You really are technologically challenged. Vlad counts on that too. So do Xi and Kim. You aren't learning anything from Target or Facebook. Or Yahoo for that matter. Why do you think they stopped using Chinese phones for American service people?

https://www.cnet.com/news/pentagon-r...ilitary-bases/

Tip of the iceberg dude.
    You are really hung up on this smoking gun idea Tal, Yes, Putin would decree a disinformation campaign particularly as he wouldn't want to have to deal with that dill Hilliary. The Chinese might represent a risk but you could load your own software on the phones besides which phone isn't made in China. Woo, a cold shiver descends upon me, my Zte phone and Huawei Wifi are spying on me, I wonder what Netflix is doing, or Google, they represent a greater threat. The empire is failing and thrashing about. The knives are out for the dictator and he had better not go to the Senate but take heart, you still have friends, although I don't know why
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2018, 03:06 AM
    and of course this has nothing to do with the phony investigation we have been subject to for now over a year . Both Peter Strzok in closed testimony ,and Rod Rosenstein in open testimony were uncooperative with the House Judiciary Committee investigating so called "Russia-gate " . The FBI is clearly in coverup mode .
    House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte said that FBI lawyers are instructing Strzok not to answer questions from congress about the nature of his involvement .

As for Rosenstein ;he should be fired immediately .He refused to take responsibility for the FISA application he signed. He wouldn't even acknowledge having read the application asking a federal judge to suspend the fundamental right to privacy of American citizens.When asked if it was his responsibility to read FISA applications he signed he said
    “It depends on the circumstances”. Really ? Your taking away someone's 4th amendment protections and not reading the document that does it ?
    An engineer signing off on a defective bridge would find themselves in legal jeopardy ;but the Deputy Assistant FBI Director gets a pass ?
    He refused to take responsibility for unlawful redactions and unlawful delays in handing information to Congress.
    Contempt and Obstruction charges should be filed immediately by the House Judiciary Committee for both Strzok and Rosenstein .
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2018, 05:41 AM
    My new favorite potential candidate is Amul Thapar . He is a constitutional originalist ;from Michigan ,and the son of immigrants from India .He's 49 ;meaning he'd serve for decades ;and he has a ton of public service in his resume. He has already been confirmed by the Senate for judicial posts 3 times before . His dad was a heating and AC repairman and Thapar spent summers driving trucks for him .His mother sold her successful restaurant to become a social worker after 9/11 to help soldiers transition back into the private sector.

He is not from the swamp ;not an Ivy Leaguer . He prosecuted terrorists .He's worked both sides also being a defense lawyer .He teaches at UV Law School and lectures at the Ivy League schools he did not attend .

The final endorsement in my book is that the libs are freaking out over the possibility of him being an associate justice of SCOTUS .
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/zoetillman/...bog#.ouM2xDGRe

It would be so much fun watching the Dems trash another minority selection during confirmation hearings .
    Expert

Jul 3, 2018, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You are really hung up on this smoking gun idea Tal, Yes, Putin would decree a disinformation campaign particularly as he wouldn't want to have to deal with that dill Hilliary. The Chinese might represent a risk but you could load your own software on the phones besides which phone isn't made in China. Woo, a cold shiver descends upon me, my Zte phone and Huawei Wifi are spying on me, I wonder what Netflix is doing, or Google, they represent a greater threat. The empire is failing and thrashing about. The knives are out for the dictator and he had better not go to the Senate but take heart, you still have friends, although I don't know why
    You seem less cyber savvy than our friend Tom, if you don't know Netflix tracks your usage and preferences just like Google and uses outside firms that they share this info with, to tailor your cyber experience just for YOU. Part of the Facebook scandal was not only having YOUR information but that of your friends who you allow on your Facebook page. This data is accessed by the outside contractors who design the software and they appear to be the entry point into hackers, and criminals seeking that data. This is also suspected in state and government systems especially voter rolls here and no doubt abroad given them a wide range of targets to steal data from. So you are correct in saying that Netflix and Google do represent a HUGE threat to your personal info, and data (Think your banking and credit cards you use online, AND your friends.). It's no wonder ordinary people are not aware of such cyber threats or the capabilities of hackers and criminals nor can imagine hundreds and thousands of TECHS in the employment of governments working to access and us such data around the world. It's a problem and that everybody who does know and understand this threat is scrambling to deal with. In this sense we all are flailing and thrashing about for the right fixes and adjustment against some very sophisticated and determined adversaries.

If your local law enforcement can track your location (And they all can very easily), and decrypt your texts and emails what makes you think that governments cannot if you were IMPORTANT enough to them? Fortunately for YOU and ME we are not, but soldier stationed on military bases are. Geez we have had SPY satellites for decades and who doesn't have Google EARTH?

LOL, we still have friends, albeit not so happy with The Dufus, because we are still the BADDEST dog in the neighborhood. In that there is no failure despite The Dufus's devise and abrasive behavior during our silly season. He is getting really desperate, him and his sycophants to retain power, and even grab MORE!
    Expert

Jul 3, 2018, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and of course this has nothing to do with the phony investigation we have been subject to for now over a year . Both Peter Strzok in closed testimony ,and Rod Rosenstein in open testimony were uncooperative with the House Judiciary Committee investigating so called "Russia-gate " . The FBI is clearly in coverup mode .
    House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte said that FBI lawyers are instructing Strzok not to answer questions from congress about the nature of his involvement .

As for Rosenstein ;he should be fired immediately .He refused to take responsibility for the FISA application he signed. He wouldn't even acknowledge having read the application asking a federal judge to suspend the fundamental right to privacy of American citizens.When asked if it was his responsibility to read FISA applications he signed he said
    “It depends on the circumstances”. Really ? Your taking away someone's 4th amendment protections and not reading the document that does it ?
    An engineer signing off on a defective bridge would find themselves in legal jeopardy ;but the Deputy Assistant FBI Director gets a pass ?
    He refused to take responsibility for unlawful redactions and unlawful delays in handing information to Congress.
    Contempt and Obstruction charges should be filed immediately by the House Judiciary Committee for both Strzok and Rosenstein .
    Your denial of the facts and skewing of the truth leads you to some pretty wild speculations that fits your narrative like a glove. More will be revealed later for sure but what we saw in the Rosenstein hearing was Trumps sycophants covering their savior and fishing for information in a sensitive ONGOING investigation. Trey Gowdy spent a few years investigating Clinton, now he wants The Dufus investigation to be STOPPED?

That's the definition of HYPOCRISY! Pretty flimsy logic here Tom.
    Expert

Jul 3, 2018, 06:42 AM
    My new favorite potential candidate is Amul Thapar . He is a constitutional originalist ;from Michigan ,and the son of immigrants from India .He's 49 ;meaning he'd serve for decades ;and he has a ton of public service in his resume. He has already been confirmed by the Senate for judicial posts 3 times before . His dad was a heating and AC repairman and Thapar spent summers driving trucks for him .His mother sold her successful restaurant to become a social worker after 9/11 to help soldiers transition back into the private sector.

He is not from the swamp ;not an Ivy Leaguer . He prosecuted terrorists .He's worked both sides also being a defense lawyer .He teaches at UV Law School and lectures at the Ivy League schools he did not attend .

The final endorsement in my book is that the libs are freaking out over the possibility of him being an associate justice of SCOTUS .
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/zoetillman/...bog#.ouM2xDGRe

It would be so much fun watching the Dems trash another minority selection during confirmation hearings .
    The Dufus did a great job outsourcing his judge picks to conservatives and a few loonies for sure. No push back from them. In truth doesn't matter what the dems do or say. Mitch has all the cards and will play them, and he has time on his side for sure.

Dems can do nothing but holler, which repubs and you will laugh and throw rocks. Can't blame you, I would do the same if I had your hand, so obviously it's YOUR turn to ENJOY IT WILL IT LASTS!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2018, 06:49 AM
    Tal some day you will understand rhetoric in the meantime don't get biitten when the dog bites its fleas
    Expert

Jul 3, 2018, 07:07 AM
    That's what flea collars are for but a SMART big dog doesn't lay down with the little dogs and best they stay on the porch when he's around. In no way do I suggest Trump is a big dog, just a loud undisciplined mongrel mutt!

How's that for rhetoric?
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2018, 07:26 AM
    if you don't see the connection linking the Evita investigation with the Dems unlawful attempts to take down the Trump candidacy /Presidency then you are missing the bigger narrative. Yeah it was likely that anything would come from an Evita investigation with the emperor's minions in Justice ,State , the Intel community ,and the compliant press running cover for her .As far as I'm concerned the Evita investigation is far from over . You think that because they are out of office that they have run out the clock ? The IG report was loaded with malfeasance by the whole group of them .
    and you can bleat all you want about that great Russian cyber mind games . A couple of Russian bots and troll bloggers in pajamas in their momma's house had zero influence on the election (at least you've given up the lunatic assertions that they "hacked " the election .at least now you call it an agitprop campaign ) …

If you want to know the key to why Trump won read Salena Zito's book on the campaign . https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076YZC99L...ng=UTF8&btkr=1
    Expert

Jul 3, 2018, 08:56 AM
    Are you saying that Trump's hand picked republicans are working with the out of power dems to screw Trump? If that's not loony tunes then I don't know what is. What dems control Rosenstein and Mueller (Both life long repubs)? Name a few, explain your insanity.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2018, 09:12 AM
    you dont want me to start in about Mueller do you ? Do you want me to include the recent reporting the Mueller conspired to cover up Saudi involvement in 9-11 ? I've already detailed other Mueller screwed up investigations in past posts ;including the anthrax case when he relentlessly investigated an innocent man.
    Mueller is protecting his good friend James Comey .Rosenstein is protecting the agency . That part of it is not really a Dem /Repub thingy except for the fact that the agency threw all it's eggs in the Evita basket and made a decision based on the rationale that she would win so they had to be seen on her side of both the email investigation ;and the election . Those texts / emails between Strzok and his paramour Lisa Page are the only honest things you've seen from the FBI throughout this whole affair .
    Expert

Jul 3, 2018, 01:10 PM
    Those two got canned, but let me get this straight. The Dufus and his sycophants are the good guys, and Mueller and the intel committee are the bad guys. Did I read that right?
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2018, 01:55 PM
    yeah you got that right .
    The DOJ IG report destroyed the credibility of both the DOJ & FBI and it also confirms that the emperor's DOJ & FBI investigation of Evita was
    , half-baked, rushed, rigged, & compromised by anti-Trump & pro-Evita bias & actions.
    The report details repeated DOJ/FBI deference to Evita , her aides ,cronies ,and their lawyers. You see in the 2 investigations an unequal treatment . At the same time they were whitewashing Evita's transactions they were working on her behalf to follow up on charges that her campaign paid for in the Fusion GPS Steele dossier .
    The IG report details how at least five top FBI agents and lawyers exchanged pro-Clinton and anti-Trump communications(not just the 2 I mentioned ...and they did not get canned ;they were reassigned ). The IG report states that this bias cast a cloud over the credibility of the Evita email and Russia investigations.
    Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who was appointed by President Obama ,has also opened investigations into James Comey's leaking of classified documents to his gumba in the press ;and he also released a report about Andrew McCabe being dishonest to investigators about how classified FBI docs ended up in the hands of the Wall Street Journal .
    Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who met with Bubba Clinton just days before Evita's FBI interview, was also a subject of Horowitz’s report.
    Am I the only one who noticed that the FBI was able to review 650,000 to 1 million of Evita's Emails on Weiner's laptop to determine she was innocent in 4 days but it has taken 18 months to produce the few documents that the Congressional committees have requested ?

Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 06:35 AM
    So we end up with a vanilla pudding marshmallow Bushie from Yale . YAWN ! . Going to be hard for the Dems to scream their doomsday Casandra warnings . Best guess is that since Kavanaugh clerked with the likes of Kennedy and Sotomayor that he will try to duplicate Kennedy's attempts at being the "swing vote " .
    For those of you who think he'll be a deciding vote on abortion;think again. 'Garza v. Hargan ' he concurred with an opinion that a teenage illegal alien caught at the border and put in detention has a right to an abortion in the United States.Kavanaugh argued that in saying the illegal alien teen had a right to abortion in the United States he was accepting the government’s assumption regarding existing Supreme Court precedents. So keep your shorts on . Let your head explode about something else.
    Expert

Jul 10, 2018, 07:13 AM
    My objection is 1) The Dufus is under criminal investigation, and 2) The precedent of waiting for the people to vote has been set by Slick Mitch. Gathering rocks as we speak!
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 08:51 AM
    politics . 1. Mueller says the President is NOT the subject of his investigation .
    2. Your side screwed by changing the 60 vote to end filibuster rule for judicial appointments .

Assuming that once Collins and Murkowski are properly greased up .and Rand Paul takes his meds ;and they wheel McCain into the Senate .... the Repubs should have enough votes . Then there are Dem Senators like Manchin who are vulnerable this fall ,whose states voted for Trump who will probably fall in line ;as well as some Dem swamp creatures who realize that this guy is not the threat that Rachel Madcow, Chris Matthews , and Joe and Mika make it sound ....bottom line is his confirmation is a lock unless they find ways to BORK him .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 09:17 AM
    So we end up with a vanilla pudding marshmallow Bushie from Yale .

The Democrats should do EXACTLY what the Republicans did to Garland. McConnell's rule was to do nothing during an election year. Nothing should be done for anyone Colludin' Donald nominates this election year.

Especially since Justice Kennedy's retirement conveniently comes a few months before there would have been a fairer playing field.

This is not the first favor the Kennedys have done for Trump.

Kennedy's son was a senior bank officer with Deutsche Bank when Trump could get zero credit from American banks because he was a known deadbeat. Kennedy, head of the real estate division, managed to loan Trump over one BILLION dollars (that's BILLION with a "B").
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 09:41 AM
    it was a Presidential election year . we can revisit that in 2020 . Meanwhile the Dems don't have the power .They were in the minority then and they are in the minority now .

I have no doubt that the Kennedy retirement was a prearranged event .

Will be interesting to see who he replaces Ginsburg with . The Dems have her on life support and vitamin injections .
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 09:48 AM
    Trump could have said any name and Pelosi, Chuck, and the idiot Maxine would have been screaming before he got the name fully out of his mouth. Same works for the other side I know. It's become ridiculous to watch the news anymore. It's sad really.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SCOTUS to revisit Obamacare [ 109 Answers ]

Not a good week for the emperor . 1st he saw his party take a drubbing at the polls after he claimed that even though he was not on the ballot ,his polices were . Now SCOTUS has granted certiorari in the King v Burwell challenge to Obamacare . Obamacare grants subsidies to low incomes who...

SCOTUS decisions [ 158 Answers ]

Two unanimous decisions today, SCOTUS ruled Obama's LRB appointments were unconstitutional. Apparently they all agreed Congress determines when it is in recess. On another front, they unanimously agreed that Massachusetts'' 35 foot buffer zone around abortion clinics was unconstitutional....

Big week for SCOTUS [ 181 Answers ]

This week SCOTUS will make rulings on 4 cases that could be historic. Fisher v. University of Texas The petitioners argued that racial preferences in admissions to the University of Texas violate the 14 Amendment of the Constitution .The court could make a narrow ruling ,or it could overturn...

Acorn and SCOTUS [ 29 Answers ]

What's this I'm hearing? Did the SCOTUS really decline to force the AG of Ohio to verify 200,000 new suspect voter registrations? Most were submitted by ACORN, it seems. Have we reached the place when a partisan AG and Governor can support voter fraud in order for their guy to be elected, and NOT...

More SCOTUS decisions [ 24 Answers ]

Chief Justice Roberts said, "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race." Wasn't that refreshing? Clarence Thomas added, "What was wrong in 1954 cannot be right today... The plans before us base school assignment decisions on students'...

View more questions Search