Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kguen21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2018, 12:20 PM
    How to adjust toilet flapper to reset instead of flip over?
    Wheneve I flush the toilet the flapper flips the whole way over instead of resetting into position.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 28, 2018, 05:27 PM
    You may have a wrong flopper installed. Usually, flopper has a fin - a high point - on its back that hits the overflow tube when elevated. That fin bounces it back as water empties tank, and flopper lowers itself into closed position

Also, newer toilets use floppers with Styrofoam float. It is either hanging on the chain, or it may be part of the flopper itself. It may be that it got loose and flushed down the toilet

If you have the Styrofoam on the chain, it may be too high. Push an inch down ( or as needed ). That will help the flopper to close as water empties tank

If nothing works, than look what brand and model number toilet you have. This information is printed on the inside of the toilet tank and / or lid. Take this information and Google it. It tells you exactly what flopper your toilet need. Write this information down, go to Home Depot and buy that exact flopper

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I reset my thermostat to adjust my heating temperaqture to a set temperature [ 0 Answers ]

Hi my thermostat has programmed settings for heat and I need to change that so that the room temperature is set at a maximum of 20 degrees Celsius and a minimum of 18 degrees Celsius for the winter months

Is there a way to replace a toilet flapper without turning off water supply to toilet [ 4 Answers ]

I am having trouble shutting off water supply to toilet can I still replace the flapper?

Toilet Flapper ! [ 11 Answers ]

Okay... my father decided to fix the toilets one day for a variety of reasons I won't go into right now... BUT ever since THEY HAVEN'T BEEN RIGHT!! Wish he'd leave my HOUSE ALONE!! Anyway, I digress... The FLAPPER on the 2 toilets aren't working properly. When you flush they stay up for just about...

Toilet flapper won't stay down. It flushes, flapper seats then bobs back up in a sec [ 11 Answers ]

I have shortened the chain, lengthened the chain etc. It finally flushes O.K. & the bowl clears if I hold the handle down for a little bit, the flapper seats then bobs back up and has to be manually pushed down, then it stays. It is a new flapper

Changed the Flip, but toilet still leaks [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the flaps in my toilet 3 times and the toilet still leaks, giving me the phantom-flush. What am I missing? :confused:

View more questions Search