Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sherrynugent01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2018, 07:48 AM
    My dad let my sister put his property in her name so she could put it up for collater
    My deceased dad's property is in my sister's name with the agreement that it was still his property so is that still considered hired property
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2018, 08:51 AM
    What is your question?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2018, 10:11 AM
    If there is no will then the law cannot recognize shared property in the legal name of another. You do have a right to present your case in a court of law. Without a will, and without her name on the dee,d and not yours, then most states recognize the shared inheritance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2018, 11:10 AM
    Unless on the deed, it shows some sort of limitation, then the property is hers.
    If there is some type of written contract, then it will have to be taken to court to enforce if the sister does not honor it.

If the agreement was just verbal, in most places it will not be enforcable on property

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I remove my sister's name from our property? [ 5 Answers ]

My sister now has dementia. How can I remove her name from our property house and land deeds?

My husband property sister enterfair legal or not [ 2 Answers ]

If my husband personal purchase land property in which sister meddler legal or not. And she is already married and my father Is live with another kept woman and my mother in law not in world she is death. I hope you'll give me healthy answer ...

Sister won't return personal property; have to sue [ 16 Answers ]

My sister borrowed some evening wear items last christmas to wear to parties. Recently I asked her to return the fur jacket, crystal earrings, my daughters coat (who owes her husband money) and yellow dress. She replied by telling me I owed her for medicine she paid for last fall when I had a...

Buy sister's share of inherited property? [ 5 Answers ]

Sister and I inherited property from Dad in 2003. I am buying her half now in 2009. I offered her 1/2 the market value at the time of inheritance, not 1/2 of today's market value, the latter being twice as much. She disagrees with that strategy. It should be noted she has not paid her share of...

Sister refuses to allow me to buy property for same price as outside buyer [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I thank you for any help in advance. My sister and I have inherited a home. We are co-trustees and equal co-owners of the home which is fully paid for. As it is located in a lovely beach community and would be an excellent investment, I would like to fix up the property and rent it out...

View more questions Search