Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrLinCali Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2018, 06:49 PM
    Prior honorable discharge
    I received an honorable discharge in 82, 91-days later I reenlisted, but after 2 years I was discharged with a BCD, can the VA take or disallow my Honorable discharge benefits? I was told by my JAG lawyer at the time, they remained because of the 90+ day separation. Any Regulations I can look up on the matter. I'm filing a claim against the VA, and that my have something to do with them trying to deny me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2018, 11:08 AM
    It is not uncommon for the VA to deny a claim for any reason they find and you will have to appeal. So if they have denied you, get an attorney and file an appeal
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2018, 11:50 AM
    Is there a time limit to appeal after your last separation date? Seems it would be hard to explain 30+ years.
    MrLinCali Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2018, 01:15 PM
    I just filed in April, 2018. I got the letter claiming I was not honorably discharged on 06/25/2018. I'm not questioning the BCD forfeiture of benefits, it's the honorable prior service benefits I want to keep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 prior honorable discharges, last enlistment BCD, VA home benefits [ 15 Answers ]

I served in the Marines for ten years have had two honorable dishcarges in leiu of reenlisting. During my third tour I was special courtmartialed and awarded a BCD. Will this make me eneligible for a VA Home Loan?

Does a bad conduct discharge cancel out honorable discharge from prior enlistment [ 0 Answers ]

I served 12 years in Marines.. 2 tours in Iraq & one in Afghanistan.. Injured while on duty. Due to post traumatic stress I got caught with drugs & given a bad conduct discharge. I am now denied benefits for medical from the VA but yet have trauma &injuries still suffered while on duty.. Broken...

Other than honorable discharge [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently in the military, and I've been diagnosed with a personality disorder, they are chaptering me out because of this, but my packet is at JAG, and it's been kicked back twice already. I'm getting really impatient and me and my wife really need to go back home. We are currently in germany,...

View more questions Search