Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hanibanani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2018, 09:33 AM
    How to block an overseas number that charges my phone?
    I am in desperate need of help.
    I am an American who gave her phone number to someone in Australia. His number is unusual on my phone, like a set of 14 spread out numbers. (Ex. 111 11 1111 111 111). I am worried it is going to cost me money to send and receive texts from him, anywhere from $.25 to $.50 per text. This makes me paranoid that he can black mail me, I hardly know him and I should never have given him my number.

I am wanting to block his number on my iPhone so that his messages/calls will not even deliver to my phone and charge me. But the blocking method I know about only keeps me from seeing his messages. His messages are still sent to my phone, I just can't see them.

Is there a way I can block his number from even delivering to my phone? I am very stressed over this. I'm a 19 year old female and I don't know what else to do. Thanks all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2018, 04:35 PM
    Now to block depends on what carrier you use. ATT, Sprint, TMobile and so on.
    So you contact your carrier. If it is just phone text, on the call section you block the physical phone calls which also blocks the texts (that is the most common method)

If you also report these calls to the phone company and the police as harassment and also threats.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have magic jack plus how do I block the last phone number [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know how do I block a prank caller

Can you travel overseas with your fingerprint in system?but charges were dropped? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was charged for theft under $5000 in Ontario Canada, and I completed my diversion program and got my charge withdrawn. However,my fingerprints are still in the system. I know I will have problem going to states, but my question is, What about other countries like asia? Is there a...

I need to rewire phone jack to match main phone number [ 10 Answers ]

I had 2 phone lines coming into house and recently cancelled 1. I would like to rewire cancelled # phone jack to receive my other number so all house phones will be on the same line.I have been playing around with the switch over. I have looked at the other house jacks and tried to duplicate still...

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

View more questions Search