Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2018, 03:23 AM
    Kenmore dishwasher leaking
    We have a 2-3 year old Kenmore dishwasher that has developed a leak underneath. It seems to occur during the wash cycle and not during draining. A local tech suggested I change the sump which I did. All parts looked to be in good shape except the diverter motor. It had dried up soap on it. The leak also seemed to come from this area. I read that the seal for the diverter shaft is a common problem, but the sump included a new seal.

The leak continues unchanged. Could it be the diverter motor itself or is the main pump that is close by a more likely cause? Thanks in advance for any assistance
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2018, 07:17 AM
    Review this video and let me know if it helps. As it says enter your model number for additional help

https://www.repairclinic.com/Video/V...roubleshooting
    gmills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2018, 11:04 AM
    Have already watched this video. It's informative but does not address my issue. Thanks for the reply
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2018, 11:40 AM
    Did you input your model number as suggested for additional information? It's really hard to trouble shoot anything sight unseen so if you can supply the model number at least we can get more specific in our search.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears kenmore dishwasher leaking water [ 0 Answers ]

My sears kenmore diswasher is leaking water while in operation. Any suggestions before calling for repair?

GE Dishwasher Leaking [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I have a GE dishwasher. Water is leaking at the top where top spray arm is connected. There are two screws on the outside. Do I need to replace the hose (I guess it is recirculation hose) or just the connection? If the latter, what am I looking for? Thanks Amir

GE Dishwasher leaking [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. I have a GE dishwasher. Water is leaking at the top where top spray arm is connected. There are two screws on the outside. Do I need to replace the hose (I guess it is recirculation hose) or just the connection? If the latter, what am I looking for? Thanks Amir

Leaking dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

Water is leaking from ge 500 dishwasher when running?

New Dishwasher leaking water. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. Put in a new Fridgidaire Dishwasher and it is leaking water out the front during a normal cycle. Checked and it is level, so that is not the problem. :confused: Was a floor model and don't have a book to trouble shoot with. Any ideas will be greatly appeciated.

View more questions Search