Ask
    russelltipton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2018, 09:42 AM
    How to take flywheel of briggs lawnmower
    Starter rope snaps back hard.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2018, 06:19 PM
    I will assume mean to take it off. After taking off the gas tank and shroud, remove the starter pull assembly. Using an impact wrench or lock the blade and remove the nut holding the flywheel to the crank. You may be able to carefully tap it off but most times you need a flywheel puller. U Tube has a lot of videos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to take flywheel off briggs and stratton 18.5 intek [ 2 Answers ]

The key way has sheared and its stuck together so how do I pull the flywheel off so I can change it

Have a 18.5hp briggs ohv keeps popping and sheering flywheel key need to know why [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why or what would cause the fly wheel key to keep sheering off and why engine keeps popping and want start

Briggs 12.5 hp flywheel removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bunton com. Stand behind mower that will not fire. The flywheel side looks rusty and want to take it off to brush the rust off. How do you hold the flywheel so you can loosen the crank bolt? If anyone knows of a beter way to take care of this please let me know. Thanks, Rob

Briggs & Stratton 14.5hp Flywheel ring [ 1 Answers ]

Today we put on a new flywheel ring gear and a new starter pinion gear. The new flywheel ring is aluminum instead of the plastic that was on it. I was told this was due to the starter gear being easier to replace it will be the first to be worn down. We tried starting the tractor and the starter...

View more questions Search