Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ray V Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2018, 11:08 AM
    Ford Motor Chapter
    I have a leased vehicle through Ford Motor Credit (Lincoln) and am in Cpt 13. My lease is paid directly to them, and not through the court. And I have never been late, either before or after the Bankruptcy filing. My lease will terminate before the end of the plan. I wish to buy the car at the residual price , which is near the $25K ceiling. Would Ford Motor credit make me a loan under these circumstances, given that I have been with them for 3 years?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 12:35 PM
    You will of course have to get court persmission (I believe) to get a loan. But really it is up to them, and also it is most likely you will fall outside the credit level guidelines
    Ray V Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2018, 01:01 PM
    Do you mean fall outside the credit level guidelines of the court or Ford Mother Credit?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 02:22 PM
    I don't think the court has a credit level guideline, nor do they have anything to do with credit applications, but Ford does and bankruptcies are carried for a number of years by credit reporting companies, and is a question on the credit application. You can be denied on that basis alone, or be subject to a high credit risk loan, which are higher interest rates, or large down payments.

It is solely on Ford's discretion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 ford expedition motor oil to use [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 ford expedition 4wd 5.4 motor with 197,000 miles on it what motor oil is best to use on my truck with so much miles and do I need to use any oil treatment ?

No spark in my 460 ford motor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 79 bronco not getting any spark it just cranks over, gets fuel bought a new coil what else can I do

Is the 2003 Ford diesel motor the same as the 2007 motor? [ 2 Answers ]

Is the 2003 Ford diesel motor the same as the 2007 motor?

Ford 7.3 diesal oil leak on top of motor [ 0 Answers ]

Hi Guy's , I have A 99 ford f250 with 7.3 engine cold starting is a big problem, and also have an oil leak on top of the motor that I can not find. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank's Travis

View more questions Search