Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reagan4doctor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2018, 12:42 PM
    My dog is acting very strange. Is he sick?
    One minute my 8 year old boxer dog Caspian is up and walking around fine, then the next his head starts to droop and he becomes less alert. I was eating chips and dropped one and he ran to pick it up. I'm not sure if this chip had any impact on his throat or maybe punctured it. But he was slowly pacing around our house, going into my husband and I's bedroom to sit down. I went to get him to his pillow and sit him there, and I stroked him gently. I felt his ears to make sure his allergic reaction to a bug bite from 2 weeks ago was back, but he seemed distressed and in pain when I felt under his ears. Just below where his ear tips droop (un cropped) I was petting and he seemed in pain. And then he started a little tremble. He was shaking slightly like he was cold but it's the middle of summer. I offered him bread (his favorite snack) and he took it laying down, happily. I offered him peanut butter and he was more reluctant to eat it. Please help, I've looked at symptoms of ear infections, tracheal perforation, and even death. None really seem to fit. If you know any information, please help. -Michelle Doctor
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2018, 04:46 PM
    And your vet says?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 21, 2018, 06:14 PM
    Yes. I agree. What does your vet say. Why are you on line asking for help for your pets symptoms. Gosh, don't you people ever learn.
    reagan4doctor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2018, 06:39 PM
    I found out about this today. I got home from work and I didn't exactly have time to go to the vet, because they were closed. So I'm very sorry for trying to put my mind at ease to figure out if these are symptoms of death. He's getting old and we all know he doesn't have much more left in him, but by all means, I'm extremely sorry if I made you angry. Just trying to figure out if my dog is going to pass over the night. Have a nice life.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 12:42 PM
    Yes, I am sorry too that you just don't understand that we can no more diagnose a human, then a dear pet. We would not have any idea if your dog was going to pass or not. You didn't make us angry, just disappointed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat acting strange? [ 0 Answers ]

My cat is acting bizarre. He just sits there with his eyes partially closed. He seems to be grooming himself excessively as well. He is approximately 6 years old.

My Dog is acting strange [ 30 Answers ]

I have a Lab Collie Mix of 9 years old. She is usually very playful and energetic. From the time I woke up this morning to the time I went to work, I noticed that she was not playing at all. She would stand in one spot for an extended period and droop her head in almost a submissive posture. Her...

Why is my cat acting strange [ 2 Answers ]

My cat is 4 and he won't eat at all and he is becoming very skinny he doesn't meow anymore and about 2 days ago he was breathing really fast. What's wrong with my cat?

Acting strange [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is acting very strange. She has a toy that all of the sudden she won't leave alone. If she is away from the toy she gets very depressed. I've had her for 2 years and she's never acted like this before. It started about two days ago, and we've had the toy since December. What's wrong with...

Cat has been acting strange [ 1 Answers ]

I've just started noticing a change in behavior in my 6 1/2 year old cat. He found a spot under the bed where he spends almost his entire day, except to come out to eat. He doesn't come out as normal when I get up or come home from work, won't come out for treats, won't come when called and...

View more questions Search