Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trafficgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2018, 11:31 AM
    I went to turn on my shower. The bathroom faucet blew water out like a hydrant. Why?
    I went to take a shower, the bathroom faucet blew and water was gushing everywhere. Couldn't manually turn off water. Had to be done from the pipes

Why did this happen
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2018, 04:44 PM
    Single handle faucet? If so, could be the cartridge retaining ring possibly rusted out. What brand?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 21, 2018, 04:59 PM
    As mentioned in previous post - there is a good chance, the stem or cartridge ring slowly unscrewed over the time - and now it just fell out completely. You should be able to screw it back in, and continue using the faucet.

If you could post a photo of your faucet and stem, we could give you specific instructions how to put it back in

Back to you

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have low hot water press. In my shower and sink faucet in the same bathroom. [ 2 Answers ]

Have low hot water pressure in my shower and sink faucets in the same bathroom. No problem with the hot water pressure in the other parts of the house. What could be the possible cause? Please help...

No Water when I turn on bathtub/shower faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have not used the tub/shower faucet in some time. Today when I went to turn on the faucet, no water comes out. Help

When I turn the shower on the water still comes out the faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have 3 knobs... hot water cold water and to turn the shower on is in the middle.

Bathroom wash basin hot water faucet will not turn [ 5 Answers ]

Initially the faucet handle was stiff and very hard to turn ,now it will not turn at all.and is stuck OFF

Turn faucet on in bathroom but water run in slow stream [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum. Can someone please direct me? I need to fix my bathroom sink. When I turn the water on a slow stream runs; the water doesn't come on full blast. It was running a bit more earlier but I adjusted the gauges underneath the sink and got the results above. ...

View more questions Search