Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colin smith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2018, 09:44 AM
    What to do ?
    I'm in a relationship of 2 years but feel unhappy about things. Met boyfriend 5 years younger at 50 me 55 2 years ago . He was separated for 18 months from wife kids 2 of them lived at home age 7 and 18 . He lived with me but after 5 months his wife separated from took her own life , little boy found her and cause was death by hanging . He lived with me for 13 months became very close and then they moved out to make a home for the 18 year old too . I wanted us to all stay together but it was out of my hands . Six months on they haven't been to my house more than 3 or 4 times and only stayed over twice . I still spend time with them and we do things together if I go there and make myself known . But the last few months has been pretty bad with him losing his temper , telling me to off a the drop of a hat , putting text messages with fingers signs on and calling me a . This didn't happen at my house , he had temper with little boy but not me . I stepped in trying to protect little boy got help from his kids and social services and I supported them emotionally physically and financially in that they stayed with me at no cost until they got their own place and I had little boy so he could work . Now they are away from me he parks his car near my house goes into town , goes to his mums round corner , drives past and doesn't call and if his texts have become less in that if I leave it he will not get in touch for a few days . Im feeling that if I walked now he would let it fizzle . What would you do ? Hang in hoping it will come back to normal or walk away
    ?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2018, 10:28 AM
    Is this the relationship you dreamed of? I doubt it. Maybe what you had before wasn't the normal him and you are seeing the normal him now. I can't really know but at some point the stress of bad behavior outweighs whatever good is left in the relationship, if any is left. Me - I would move on. Life is too short and move on with no guilt. Sure breakups stink, but so does drama.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2018, 12:15 PM
    I think I put a lot of distance between him and his misery and seek my own happiness without him. It worked for a while but clearly ain't working now. Two years is enough of this crap.
    colin smith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2018, 02:20 AM
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search