Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChesterV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2018, 06:21 PM
    When do I tell them I have a special condition?
    I am hyper allergic to scented products and I cannot be around people who use them.

When interviewing for a job, at what point to do I mention this? How do I bring this up?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2018, 03:47 AM
    Are you interviewing for a position where it would be avoidable? In my opinion bringing it up in an interview would be a negative.

I am not allergic to it but I do hate it. The woman that empties our trash daily fills the bathtub with perfume and swan dives into it. The stink lingers for a long time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2018, 05:57 AM
    I would not since who hires someone who cannot interact with the people they may or may not have an allergic reaction to. The onus would be on you to find ways to deal with your allergies effectively. It would just be to disruptive. Is this treatable? What kind of position are you interviewing for? How have you dealt with this issue before?

You have to admit that your condition limits your opportunities, unless you take some kind of action to deal with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air condition [ 1 Answers ]

How do you turn off the fan mode

A(n) _______ structure tests a condition and then takes one path if the condition [ 1 Answers ]

A) IF-THEN statement B) single alternative decision C) dual alternative decision D) sequence

Special present for that special guy [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and everything is peachy, I want to get him something really amazing for either christmas or our 4 yrs annerversary. All I can come up with is a watch? I have about £350 to spend? Any ideas?

View more questions Search