Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    behind the eight ball Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Market Research for a Billiard Parlor
    We are trying to start a billiard parlor that does not serve alcohol in an area that does not currently have one. The closest places like us are a little over 150 miles away, in an area that is more highly populated with very different demographics. My question is this: how do I go about researching the probability of our success in this area with no other previously done research, basically having to start from the ground up? :confused:
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Apr 18, 2007, 07:20 PM
    I would start with who you believe your customers to be. Without alcohol I doubt your going to get the 20's crowd. If your after younger folks, I would want to talk to some to find out if they are interested in Billards. What besides the tables are you going to use to help draw folks in? I think most billard parlors make their money off the drinks rather than off the tables. If you offer food, you will need to check with the local health dept to see what is needed. First you need to figure out your target audience, then talk to them to see if they are interested.
    Good Luck !
    behind the eight ball Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 09:20 PM
    @wags...

Thank you for your response... but unfortunately, we're "twenty miles" down the road with this than what your response refers to. First, you'd be surprise with what we can do without alcohol and we don't have to "walk the streets" asking questions. There are numerous billiard parlors throughout our country that doesn't serve alcohol and are making a small mint doing it. Secondly, as far as a snack bar... we have already contacted the health department in our area and have necessary information and licenses lined up. Thirdly, our target audience is for young adults, because we're close to two colleges and many folks in our area is sick of the fact that they can't shoot pool being under 21 years of age. In addition, not all 20's folks drink!! The tables are 9 foot Brunswick's "Gold Crown IV" , 13 of them, with additional 8 foot tables, 8 of those, 6- 7' coin-drop, Valley's and a ten foot snooker. Then not to mention, coin-drop foos-ball, air-hockey and bumper-pool. All of this will include an arcade area. So, make a long story short, the only thing left we need to do for our business plan is to try to calculate cash flow for a business in an area that doesn't have additional same businesses to work off. My point!! You totally missed our point!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start up Billiard Hall [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking to start up a pool hall in my area. Before I do so, I am looking for information about startup. In particular, how big a space do I need? how many tables for my geographic population. How full can I expect my tables to be? what is the typical profit margin for pool halls? Does...

Labor market [ 3 Answers ]

True or False . When skilled jobs are going to developing countries, service jobs that require fewer skills receive higher compnesation in the local economy

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

Fair market value [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do a practice set in accounting, when I got to this transaction it stumped me... What do I debit and credit? How much for? Purchased Land and an office building for $145,000, of which $100,800 was attributable to the fair market value of the building. A $55,000 cash down payment was...

View more questions Search