Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdad0012 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2018, 04:34 PM
    Tired of this hog
    I have a 2001 hd ultra classic i forgot to turn off my ingnition and the battery went dead i charged it back up now it will not start everything works the lights the horn the turns the for ways the radio everythng but the kill button and the start is dead it don't do anything there is a little click coming from somewere can i please get some help thanks bigdad
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2018, 05:14 PM
    I'll email my brother who is a hog and auto mechanic. Hang in there....

Jun 20, 2018, 03:03 AM
    OK thank you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 20, 2018, 09:22 AM
    Here is my brother's reply:

I would first try to jump the battery. Then sounds like you need to use a voltmeter or a test light, start at the battery and work down the line to the different circuits. I'm guessing the kill switch or a fuse for the starting circuit is the problem. Put a voltmeter or test light across the battery and try to start it. If the voltage drops way off, the battery is only taking a surface charge... Enough to do the lights but not enough ummpp to engage the starter.

Jun 20, 2018, 11:16 AM
    OK thanks I just droped it off at the garge but thank you I needed to get running we have a run coming up and neede to have it running didn't want to ride my sons I cant stand his its very uncanfritalb
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2018, 09:22 AM
    They will be putting in a new battery. You simply can't do a complete discharge on this type battery and expect it to fully recover. And electronic ignition systems are VERY touchy about voltage. Points would keep running far deeper into a discharge than electronic ignition will. In fact they work fine to the point they shut down... points gave you some warning something is amiss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am always tired, what vits can I take which will help me feel better and less tired [ 1 Answers ]

I feel tired all the time, don't seem to have an energy and always seem to be ill if there is flu going around I pick it up. I can't exercise as much as I use to and I am still tired.

Always tired [ 6 Answers ]

I sleep about 9-12 hour a night. I am still tired. I am on Prozac and Depo Prevera. I am not on any special diet. I'm 23. Are some people just sleepy? Could it be because I have poor quality sleep? Could I be depressed and not realize it? Any ideas?

View more questions Search