Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkerich Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2018, 11:33 AM
    Tank vs. tankless water heaters where to get good reviews
    I am thinking of replacing my dying tank water heater with a tankless heater, but I can't find any "good" reviews for tankless water heater models. They all seem to be companies selling them. Also, I am still not sure a tankless is better then the old tank type over time. So does anyone known were to get reviews, repair histories, etc? So I can make a valid judgement?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 19, 2018, 05:38 PM
    I don't have a specific review to offer, but my company has been installing tankless hot water heaters since they came to the US. My advice to you, based on my own hand-on experience, is: Go with Noritz or Rinnai brand. Stay away from Rheem, AquaStar, Bosh and Takagi.

Good luck !

Milo
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2018, 07:51 PM
    Milo, How about Stiebel and Titan? seem Popular in South Florida.
    I am a Long Time Electrician, Installed Many. I am not Convinced they are Better Either.
    They used to have a High failure Rate, and Felt whatever you save in Electricity, will be spent on a replacement in a couple of years. Plus the Labor. Labor is nothing for me, but added to price of a water heater for someone, can add up?
    jkerich Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2018, 06:20 AM
    Thank you for your comments. I think I will go with another tank again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless water heaters [ 4 Answers ]

We are considering a tank-less water heater for many reasons. What I'd like to find out are peoples experiences , opinions and knowledge of them . Craig

Do tankless water heaters really work well? [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about installing a tankless hot water heater and am somewhat hesitant. I live in New Jersey, where it can really get cold. Does anyone have any experience with these heaters? Can more than 1 person take a shower at the same time?

Tankless Hot Water heaters [ 4 Answers ]

I am buying a home, it is a remodeled ranch home with the present hot water heater in the storage area by the carport. There is plenty of room and it currently has a natural gas tank unit. I have not measured the GPM but it appears to have good water flow. I am looking at it for the cost...

Tankless water heaters [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to use a tempering valve on the hot water out of the tankless heater?

Tankless water heaters [ 5 Answers ]

I was looking into tankless water heaters and wondering if it would be worth while to switch to one when its time to replace my standard hot water tank- has anyone installed one of these, and are they worth the extra money vs. a standard tank?

View more questions Search