Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alayon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2018, 10:08 PM
    For my father
    I am from the Philippines and I am writing to gather ideas for my Father. For the past 2 years or so when he reached his senior age ( 60 yrs old ) we have asked him to stop working and since all of his 3 children have finished their study and have their own jobs, we opted to just support them so there is no need for him to work hard.

Our main intent is for him to relax and enjoy his life, but I can see he is not happy. Sure, he and my mother are always together, spends time taking care of his 2 young grand kids, he ride his bike on good days and usually spends time in Facebook for video and news update. But I guess he is seeking to have a more meaningful life, any suggestion you can offer?

Have a great day !
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2018, 10:55 AM
    If he is able why can he not do as he pleases? I do not understand why he goes along with this if he is not happy, other than to make YOU and your siblings AND your mother happy. You have good intentions but maybe you should discuss with your father what makes him happy. Which brings the question of WHY you think he is not happy? If you are able to support him now, maybe he can work and save for when he CANNOT work and support himself

Seems communication may bring understanding and compromise. In the meantime I intend to discuss with my own children why they are not supporting ME! 8O I would happily accept.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step father financial responsibility? --biological father deceased [ 3 Answers ]

Does my husband have grounds to include my children from a previous relationship on an application to csa? He has a child from a previous marriage, has no contact but pays csa. The child lives overseas. We married and I had 2 children already. Their father is deceased. I receive no financial...

No father listed on birth certificate, father has no contact, can my husband adopt [ 2 Answers ]

There is no father listed on my child's birth certificate because I was legally married but separated from my first husband. No paternity has been established with child's father and I have been unable to get child support from him, even after my divorce. Since then, there has not been a...

Bio father is deceased. Father listed fled. Husband wants his name put on & to adpt [ 4 Answers ]

"I was 5 months pregnant when I met a man (obviously not the father), and started dating him. He wanted to marry me & raise the baby as it were his own. I married him right before the baby was born. The bio father wanted nothing to do with either of us and came to find out that he had another baby...

Does a step father have rights if no father is listed on birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 8yrs and my husband has been the one that has taken care of her since she was 2 yrs. Her bio father isn't listed on her because but we have had a dna test done. He doesn't want to be part of her life but doesn't know if he wants to sign over his rights! Does my husband have any...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

View more questions Search