Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2018, 08:05 PM
    Ac amp draw?
    Well, it says that my 3 ton rheem compresser draws about 22 amps, is that total or about 22 on each 120 line
    11 amps on each 120 volt side??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2018, 09:00 PM
    No. 240 is rated differently since you are using 2 phases. Simply speaking, 19 comes in 1 phase and is returned on the other. Remember there is no neutral like 120.
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2018, 07:26 AM
    So? Is a 220 3 ton a/c using a total of 19 amps? So that is cheaper to run then say 4, 8000 window units that use about 6 amps each, total of about 24?
    Basically, is it really cheaper to use 220 units? Thanks, richard
    i have a lot of cold air loss in the basement with the central air, no, no leaks, yes all the ducts are insulated.....
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2018, 03:37 PM
    You really cant compare the two. What would you do for heat? Where is the cold air in the basement coming from?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kids dad draw ssi but my kids can't what can they draw form him [ 0 Answers ]

My kid's dad draw ssi they say he didn't make enough for the kids to draw so what do they get then

How to draw [ 1 Answers ]

MY son 8 years old is very eager in drawings.He was also interested in knowing about solar system,galaxy,universe therories and watching the videos related to that.please mention some of the websites to the beginner in the field solar system(videos)basic websites to learn drawing in beginner...

I was asked to draw (S)-5-heptyn-3amine I know how to draw it, but , what does the [ 1 Answers ]

I was asked to draw (S)-5-heptyn-3amine I know how to draw it, but , what does the (S), means!

If you draw 2 cards from a deck of 52 cards, what's the probability that you'll draw [ 1 Answers ]

If you draw 2 cards from a deck of 52 cards, what's the probability that you'll draw only red cards?

View more questions Search