Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esmart1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2018, 06:26 AM
    Is there a levy on criminal judgement if the person is on social security disability
    The defendant is on social security disability only. Her criminal charge for $5000 is against her. Does she have to pay?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2018, 07:52 AM
    Criminal charge for what? Most likely she will have to pay the fine for something criminal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 17, 2018, 08:10 AM
    Yes she has to pay if the court says so. Either with jail time or if she were smart a plea agreement and payment plan. Hope she has a lawyer. If not, ask the court to appoint one. If she has already gone to court, then all of this has been explained already.

Please clarify as the devil is in the details.

(Being ordered to pay and being able to collect are two different things)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement for Social Security Disability Benefits [ 27 Answers ]

I am on social security disability benefits and it is the only income I have. If a credit card company has a judgement against me can they take my disability benefits, personal belongings, or home or lien on home to repay debt? What can they do to collect the debt?

Judgement against Social Security Disability Benefit? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member. I hope some one can help me. I live in NYC. I am disabled, and my only source of income is my Social security disability check, which I receive by mail. I would like to get direct deposit of my check, but I recently had a judgement placed against me in Small Claims...

Can my social security disability payments from Social Security can be garnished [ 5 Answers ]

I am on Social Security Disability. I was just served a small claims request and I wonder if they can garnish my social security benefits?

View more questions Search