Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reddogmax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2018, 08:49 AM
    Leaky toilet
    I have a Mancesa 1.6 gpf toilet and I replaced the flapper but it still has a slight leak is there a replacement seal I can put on the hole that the flapper seals to?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 16, 2018, 11:12 AM
    Usually the same place you got the flapper from has replacement seats as well. Is this not the case where you are? Most plumbing supply and hardware stores should have the replacement seats.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 16, 2018, 02:08 PM
    Inspect flopper. From my experience, every other new flopper is warped, and leaking. This may be the case. If not, feel the mouth of the flopper seat on the bottom of the overflow tube, making sure there is no chip or broken edge. Yes, you can buy retrofit seal that fits over the seat, but I would strongly suggest you replace entire overflow tube as the retrofit seal is only a temporary solution

Let us know how you did

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix a leaky toilet tank [ 2 Answers ]

Tank is leaking down in to toilet bowl. I have replace the flapper and the whole flush assembly. Still got the leak

Leaky toilet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a plumbing problem in the form of a leaky toilet tank. The leak appears to be coming from somewhere between the tank and the bowl, where the tank meets the bowl. At first I thought it might be the toilet tank bolts so I replaced them and made sure that the nut on the under side of the...

Leaky toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Our upstairs toilet has developed a leak that is causing water to come through the ceiling. It only happens when the toilet is flushed. Where is the leak originating from?

Leaky toilet base [ 8 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet, I see a little water shoot out of the seal at the base, not much but is it just a bad seal around the ring? Thanks. Jb

Leaky Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

On the floor around my toilet, there is sometimes a very small amount of water (seems like it goes from the back TO the front). I don't think it's the wax seal. I thought perhaps the tank was leaking from the flushing part that exits the tank because I felt dampness under the tank. But after...

View more questions Search