Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AEA91208 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2018, 09:53 AM
    Responsibilty-bedbugs in SF rental of longterm tenants
    In a single family house rented for more than 10 years, in Los Angeles, is the landlord responsible for removal of bedbugs?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 15, 2018, 11:14 AM
    That depends on what the lease/contract says about extermination policy. Read your lease/contract. Or are you the landlord?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 16, 2018, 02:04 AM
    Bedbugs have to be brought in. They do not live out of doors. If the property has been rented to the same tenant for the entire ten years, the tenant needs to figure out where they came from so the bugs don't keep coming back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bedbugs in Single Family rental. Who's responsible? [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone provide any information or clarity on the law as it relates to how bedbug remediation should be handled in Single Family homes rented in Baltimore City? Quick scenario: Previous tenant moved out on April 15th. While home was vacant it was thoroughly cleaned, new carpet was installed...

Surviving Tenants rights breaking a rental lease when 1 of 2 occupants dies? [ 2 Answers ]

A husband and wife hold a one year lease. The husband died and there's two months left on lease.

I own a rental house, my tenants are getting a divorce. [ 5 Answers ]

He wants out of lease saying since wife had an affair with me, the lease should be void. Is there any law for this? House is in Jackson county, Kansas.

I am selling a rental home with tenants [ 2 Answers ]

I am selling a rental home and the new owners are two of the three present tenants. They want the third one out when I sell it to the other two. What do I need to do as the present owner in a notification that I am selling the property? I am in the state of KY. Thank you!

Rental House - Tenants Rights [ 6 Answers ]

I rent a single family house in New Jersey, the owner lives in another town, can she increase my rent any percentage she wants to or is there a law that governs rental increase practices for my type of rental. We are on a month to month lease for the past 18 years never had a written lease ever -...

View more questions Search