Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jak Schleiss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2018, 08:10 AM
    My sump pump makes a loud vibrading noise every time it stops pumping. How can I stop
    My sump pump makes a loud noise every time it stops pumping, How can I stop it from making this noise ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2018, 08:26 AM
    Most "after turning off" noises from sump and ejector pumps are the check valve. My ejector pump gives a "thump" when the valve closes. There should be a check valve or water will be sucked back into the pit. Run the pump and listen at the valve.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 15, 2018, 04:15 PM
    Yup... most likely the check valve as ma0641 said.

They make a QUIET or Silent CHECK VALVE... available at home depot or amazon.com... simply swap the existing one out with the newer, quieter version... should help!

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 16, 2018, 02:04 PM
    As advised above, check valve is most likely at fault. What happens, faulty check valve doesn't hold water, water keeps seeping through the valve, and every time it does, it vibrates with the flopper by lifting up and closing it - in quick succession. That is the noise you hear.

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We built a bathroom in basement and the pump makes a loud thump noise [ 1 Answers ]

We had a bathroom built in our basement. The inspector told me the pump was huge and overkill for the one bathroom but it passed. When you're in the shower you here a loud bang that sounds like someone banged on the wall really loud. Went around to the pump and when the water runs for a while...

Blower motor comes on only about half of the time. Makes loud humming noise. [ 0 Answers ]

Sometimes it kicks in and starts turning, sometimes just load hum,and I turn it off. Need help.

Ejection pump makes a loud noise when it ejects [ 1 Answers ]

When the ejection pump is ejecting water/waste from the pit, it makes a loud clunking noise upon completion of pump cycle. Could there be air in the line or is there something else.

Motor fins for trane XE 80 furnace are bent and makes loud noise.Any idea to stop it? [ 1 Answers ]

Motor fins for the Trane XE 80 furnace seems be bent. It hits the case which is making loud noise. Sometimes the furnace won't start and make humming noise. It seems like motor gets jammed and won't turn. Any idea how to solve this issue?

View more questions Search