Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    user anonymous Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2018, 12:28 PM
    What is this apple's abnormality?
    The apple pictured is a of the Gala variety,typically striped.The stripes swirl around a brown protrusion. The protrusion is flexible,in the way a leaf is flexible. The flesh underneath is not discolored or soft. The apple is not misshapen,the seeds are not un-developed or underdeveloped. What is this protrusion?[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 14, 2018, 12:48 PM
    Peter, do you want to try uploading the picture again.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 14, 2018, 12:56 PM
    Peter, why don’t you tell us what you think the abnormality is.

Jun 14, 2018, 01:31 PM
    The apple pictured is a of the Gala variety,typically striped.The stripes swirl around a brown protrusion. The protrusion is flexible,in the way a leaf is flexible. The flesh underneath is not discolored or soft. The apple is not misshapen,the seeds are not un-developed.

Thank you.
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2018, 02:04 PM
    This seems to be some type of Botany homework because the exact question and wording was posted 2 months ago, along with a better picture-the exact one BTW, on a Botany website.
    https://gardening.stackexchange.com/...es-abnormality

Jun 16, 2018, 12:28 PM
    That was posted by me. It's not homework; it has been more than two months since I posted on that site and if I was doing a midterm, I would not have that kind of time. The help center of StackExchange has a rule about homework questions. The rule is that all homework questions should be tagged as homework. I've seen some questions which looked like disguised homework, so I don't answer those.I posted this because I like apples,and found this on one.Thank you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2018, 12:54 PM
    I've picked apples back home in western NY. That "brown protrusion" looks like the apple's stem.

Cut down into the apple on both sides of the "protrusion." Bet you'll be cutting down on each side of the core.

Jun 17, 2018, 10:25 AM
    That's not the stem. The apple is sitting on it's flower end. I cut up that apple before I ate it,and the core was lined up with the flower end and the stem end. Been asking people about this apple since March. I've gotten the answer that it might be a sepal,but I don't think it is sepal. This brown thing was just growing out of the peel. Thanks for trying,though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vulva abnormality [ 1 Answers ]

My vulva has shrunk and I'm only 19, what can cause this?

2008 word on desktop apple/send to apple laptop 2005word and doesn't display, why? [ 2 Answers ]

Document written in 2008 word sent to 2005 word both apple CPUs but document won't translate. Instead it is a bunch of sequential hyrogliphics? What process to Save to lesser update of word so document can open in older version? Or other solution Thank You Rein

Cardiac abnormality in pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Fatal cardiac abnormality in pregnancy

Skin abnormality; medical-ish, unnatural, not to do with tanning. [ 4 Answers ]

This is kind of embarrassing and gross, but whatever. :p Kay kay. I have this... growth... in my left armpit. o_O; I’ve had it twice before there in about the same spot, once in my right. Its diameter is about the size of a dime, it hurts--a lot--when it’s rubbed or touched by something, and it...

View more questions Search