Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsInformedTx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2018, 09:07 AM
    What are my rights if I am on my fiancé’s phone plan?
    I am currently on my fiancé’s phone plan, but I pay for my phone and bill. If we argue or break up, can he immediately take the phone back or cut off my line? Would the same apply if we are out of town and he takes my phone then leaves me there? All of my information is in the phone and I am signed into all of my personal accounts, does that make a difference?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 14, 2018, 09:22 AM
    It is his plan. He can do as he chooses with that plan. Basically he is the legal owner of that phone. If he wants to take the phone he can. If he wants to cut off your line, he can.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2018, 09:24 AM
    He can dump you for any reason whenever he wants. That's goes for your phone too. You would have to pay off the phone or get your own account. Call the plan provider to get the details of how to cover your own a$$.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2018, 10:17 PM
    Agreed, yes it is his phone, his plan. Your only right may be to sue him for the money you paid on the phone and the plan later after he takes.

Of course how is he going to "take it" unless you give it to him. He can not physically take it from you. If you refuse to give it to him, he can sue you for the value.

On a side note. If you don't trust him, not to take the phone and leave you on the side of the road on a trip. Time to get a new phone plan of your own and dump the boyfriend first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is best home/cell phone plan?? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to find the best home/cell phone plan. Presently I have a cell phone/home phone that is costing me approximately $85 per month. If I have a talkative month, I use 20 minutes a month no texting. Need to keep my present home phone number.

My fiancé don't like to talk on phone. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am engaged and after my marriage I have to give certain exams to get a job, but as my fiancé is not very regular on phones or try to ignore me, I am not able to study that well most of the time I don't like to study when he doesn't talk to me, I start taking everything negatively and...

Phone plan [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my name is Alex. On 2008 I signed a phone contract at Rogers at pacific mall in Toronto for a Rogers plan. I was entitled to a phone and a plan but because I did not need a phone at that time so I asked the sales representative if it was possible to get my phone later and he said Yes. A year...

Cheapest cell phone plan [ 4 Answers ]

What is the cheapest cell phone plan for 1 person?

View more questions Search