Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coffeygail7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2018, 03:19 PM
    Windows 10 suddenly needs password
    My Windows 10 PC was never set up to need a password and suddenly it's wanting one. It would not accept my password so I changed it. The next time I try to log in, my new password doesn't work. It will only accept one of 4 old passwords. It changes which password it will accept each time I try to log in. Thank you.
    JohnMorgan Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2018, 07:47 AM
    The next time you come in, just disable this feature and that's it!
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 15, 2018, 06:11 AM
    I don't use Win 10 but in Win 7 if you open the run box and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 there is a box to uncheck for not needing to enter a password at boot up. If there is a check in the box, it activates the change password feature. If it's unchecked the change passwords feature is greyed out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 7 X64 Ultimate suddenly STOPPED seeing Linux servers. [ 0 Answers ]

Ok... Time to ask someone else, I haven't had any luck figuring this out the last week. Windows 7 Ultimate Machine... 64 bit version... has been working reliably on a home network with 8 Linux based servers and three media Players( 5 different flavors of Linux total) for a number of years. ...

After windows xp starts loading suddenly I get no signal on the display [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, For quite some time I am facing this problem with my PC.After windows xp starts loading suddenly I get no signal on the display i.e on monitor screen. Recently I changed my RAM as per suggestion from someone that RAM must have failed and could not load the Operating system. After I...

Windows Password [ 1 Answers ]

How can I override a forgotten password for windows XP

Windows xp password [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Have windows xp profetional and I set it to ask for log on password but I can not remember it now.how can I fix the problem. Not account password but log on windows password

Windows password [ 2 Answers ]

I'm running windows98. How do I find the password control panel.. I'll need to open this to get rid of the password prompt.. Its too annoying..

View more questions Search