Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joeblow00 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2018, 05:54 AM
    Central air
    Will accidentally leaving an upstairs window open a day or two with central air unit running harm the unit?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 10, 2018, 07:07 AM
    It should NOT if your unit has been properly maintained, but your cooling bill may be the biggest issue in the short term. Never hurts to have your unit checked though at least once a year just as a GREAT practice.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2018, 07:18 AM
    I wired one of my customers AC so if any Doors(could add windows, But they NEVER open) were open more that 5 Minutes it will shut off AC, so they are not Air Conditioning the Outside. Also, if Heat or Smoke is Detected, it will shut off AC so it will not Pump Smoke throughout the House, or More Oxygen to the Fire. Used an Alarm Panel, and had Output Follow those Zones. I added a Delay On timer so if AC was JUST turned off, it will not be fighting the Head Pressure. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central heat blowing air but central air is not [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My central heat is blowing air through the vents fine but my central air will not blow air. What could the problem be. The compressor is coming on and the fan is spinning. Please help. Thanks, Dave

Central air [ 2 Answers ]

My central air outside unit fan humms but won't spin what do you think the problem is

Central air [ 1 Answers ]

My central air throws out a musty smell when in use do you know what is causing this

Ductless Central AC vs Regular central AC [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I received a brochure from my power company telling me I should consider "ductless" ac versus the traditional ac cooling unit. What are the differences between the two? The only thing the brochure said was that ductless was more friendly to the environment. Thanks

What is going on with my central a/c [ 1 Answers ]

About a week ago it would make this squealing sound when it came on. Then a couple of days later it shut off completely. I pressed the pressure limit switch that work for a little while then stopped again. Now nothing is coming on.

View more questions Search