Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2018, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Think about the possibilities . A rail or road going from NORK directly to Russia towards Vladivostok would completely bypass the Chinese silk road ambition . A bridge link from Japan to that road would be a double dagger to their ambition.

China has thought this out and no doubt NK has a place on the silk road, they have too much to loose to oppose China. If Japan wants in they have to do the hard yards. There are still unsettled matters between Japan and Russia. What you speak of requires capital and have you seen the NK terrain, not a great place for building railways especially in that direction so if Japan wants that link it should extend the rail in its own territory.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2018, 06:42 PM
    The rail into Russia already exists . What I said will not happen until peninsula reunification and other things like Russia occupation of Japanese territory ends ;a relic of the end of WWII. .

Look one thing about all this tension with is west is that Russia has been forced to look towards more cooperation with China. That is not a natural relationship but Russia has no choice under current geopolitics .Russia longs to be a western nation .Sino-Russian cooperation will always be a marriage of convenience that is easily broken by the right western leadership. Russia dreams of a Euro-Asian trade network passing through Russia ;and South Korea has expressed similar interests . A land line would be a much more efficient means of moving goods than shipping goods through various hazardous choke points .
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2018, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The rail into Russia already exists . What I said will not happen until peninsula reunification and other things like Russia occupation of Japanese territory ends ;a relic of the end of WWII. .

Look one thing about all this tension with is west is that Russia has been forced to look towards more cooperation with China. That is not a natural relationship but Russia has no choice under current geopolitics .Russia longs to be a western nation .Sino-Russian cooperation will always be a marriage of convenience that is easily broken by the right western leadership. Russia dreams of a Euro-Asian trade network passing through Russia ;and South Korea has expressed similar interests . A land line would be a much more efficient means of moving goods than shipping goods through various hazardous choke points .
    The whole idea of this belt and road thing is mad. It depends on entry into the trans-Siberian at various points and adding another is mad. There are already massive choke points between China and Manchuria and Mongolia. Russia may benefit from cheap Chinese goods if they can afford them. To Go west the Chinese have to transit high altitude, vast deserts, mountain ranges. You know sea transport was invented for a reason. It may be inconvenient and slower but it offers better outcomes but putting it on a single rail line thousands of miles long is just ridiculous. Sometimes the Chinese mind is just lost in past glories
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2018, 08:01 AM
    For a silk road to work in modern times you must have trade agreements or be part of one. Even the Dufus is finding it hard to make deals since there are already DEALS in place. Go ahead keep on listening to a guy who loves debts and bankruptcies. Chaos is what happens when right wing loonies get power.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2018, 03:18 PM
    You know Tal I don't listen to Trump because he actually has nothing to say, but the loonies are on the left
    Expert

Jun 14, 2018, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You know Tal I don't listen to Trump because he actually has nothing to say, but the loonies are on the left
    Maybe in your country, but not in mine, it's just the opposite.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2018, 04:42 PM

This from a guy who claims Obama is a self-admitted Gay Muslim !! Go figure.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2018, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    This from a guy who claims Obama is a self-admitted Gay Muslim !! Go figure.
    Haven't you caught up yet, Ah well, yes the loonies are on the left, they believe in such things a universal health care provided by capitalists, allowing the country to be flooded by immigrants and electing has been nar do well women of dubious background
    Expert

Jun 14, 2018, 05:24 PM
    Haven't you caught up yet, Ah well, yes the loonies are on the left, they believe in such things a universal health care provided by capitalists, allowing the country to be flooded by immigrants and electing has been nar do well women of dubious background
    You must forgive me for thinking you a bigoted right wing loony Clete, but DARN if you don't sound just like one. I detect a bit of glee in our misry!
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2018, 05:59 PM
    I detect a bit of glee in our misry!
    Much head shaking Tal, I fail to understand how you can come up with such stupid solutions to your problems, but then as you say you are led by a Dufus.
    Expert

Jun 16, 2018, 06:55 AM
    He walked out of the White House to answer the questions by the press yesterday, and it was nothing but LIES, LIES, and more LIES. A distraction from his campaign manager going to jail for pretrial violations after his buddies squealed on him about changing their testimony. Obviously Dufus isn't the only DUFUS!
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2018, 04:23 PM
    Yes there seems to be a lot of it about, perhaps the dufus is being allowed to breed in large numbers whereas the left prevents that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He's poor, I'm not rich but not poor, he expects me to pay for everything, cheap? [ 24 Answers ]

My boyfriend is poor, I'm not rich nor poor, he expects me to pay for everything.. sometimes at dinner he orders a long list and I know I'm going to have to pay for it.. is it about being poor? Or is he cheap?

My poor new car [ 4 Answers ]

Friday, June 12th I was told to come outside by the head of my department. I went outside to find magenta ink (I work at the newspaper) all over my car. Along with the ink there were sticks and leaves, various scratches, one chip and the right underneath the pontiac logo on the front, the bumper...

Poor guy! [ 17 Answers ]

A man escapes from prison where he has been for 15 years. He breaks into a house to look for money and guns and finds a young couple in bed. He orders the guy out of bed and ties him to a chair, while tying the girl to the bed he gets on top of her, kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into...

My poor dog [ 2 Answers ]

My pet pug dog has a large belly not fat lage ,but it looks inflated he also gags very loudlyhes 9 years old he is not nudered eats and drinks easly we think it's a kiddney failure but he isn't able to take a b.m. what should I do and what's his sickness

View more questions Search