Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plumbing18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2018, 08:45 AM
    I am doing the rough in for shower.sink and toilet, can I use 3x3x3x2x2 sanitary tee
    i am doing the rought in for shower, sink and toilet, can i use 3x3x3x2x2 sanitary tee with right and left sides.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 7, 2018, 11:56 AM
    Most likely, No.

Unfortunately, each state has its own codes so the only way you can be 100% sure is to ask a local plumbing inspector. Otherwise, I'd say no... they stopped allowing ESTABROOK type fittings years ago!

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 8, 2018, 09:16 AM
    In my area, Sanitary T is to be used only in vertical position. Sanitary T doesn't have proper bent radius to allow for good drainage in horizontal position. Also, if you would insert snake to double San T, than snake will travel across the fitting into the other inlet.

If we need a double fitting for horizontal installation, then we have to use combination of Y and 45 fitting.

Hope that helps

MiloName:  dbl.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  6.3 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a shower drain rough-in be used for a sink/ice machine? [ 10 Answers ]

There is a 2" pipe coming out of my concrete slab where a basement shower was supposed to be with a glued in trap below the slab. I'd like to use that drain for a sink & ice machine. Can I connect the sink directly to the 2" (with a sanitary wye) and no trap? What about connecting the ice...

Converting shower rough in to toilet rough in [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the midst of finishing my basement and have stumbled upon a roadblock. The builder has installed the rough ins in awkward areas. I would like to close off the toilet rough-in and convert the shower rough in to a toilet rough in. Is this possible?

How do I know if I have a basement rough in for toilet/sink/shower? [ 9 Answers ]

I have an unfinished basement and there are two sewer drains that go into the basement floor, on opposite sides of the basement, one for each ground floor bathroom. Along another wall and away from those drains, about 12" away from the wall, there is a pipe that comes about 3" out of the floor and...

Shower,toilet and sink drains rough in bathroom [ 10 Answers ]

I have the rough ins done on a concrete basement floor for a toilet,shower and sink and wanted to ask/confirm before starting the work. Toilet drain and supply water. A 4" lead pipe sticks out about 10" off the concrete floor, concrete is all around. Is this OK to cut the lead pipe and leave...

Toilet rough in and shower [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: The rough in of all the drainage for my basement bathroom was done before we poured the basement floor. Now I am at building the framing for the walls. My first question is this. How do you measure to install a toilet in the proper place, meaning, my wall is not framed yet, where on the...

View more questions Search