Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marvelus49 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2018, 04:06 PM
    Should I tell my adult son the father he has known may not be biological father?
    My son is 35 yrs old with an angry sort of personality. I'm not certain my ex husband is his father. We had two children together after losing four pregnancies because of the Rh factor. I'm Irish and he's Italian. We had separated for several months before his conception and I had a relationship with another man. I found out I was pregnant shortly after we reconciled. My son was born with very blonde hair and has very blue eyes and fair skin - as the man I had the relationship with while separated. My son will judge and hate me if I tell him his dad may not be biological. It's not even that he's had a great relationship with his father, but he is very hot headed and touchy. I've been trying to figure out a way to do a DNA testing on he and his dad without their knowledge, or perhaps I can do a DNA on him and his sister. Will that show they only share one parent? I've never told anyone and would want him to know who his biological father was when I die.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2018, 04:35 PM
    I doubt your son would be the only one mad at you if you open up this can of worms. No telling how this other fellow would react, or your husband if you open up this can of worms on just a suspicion with the very flimsy evidence you have.

Ask yourself if any of you needs this disruption after all this time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 6, 2018, 06:07 PM
    I disagree with talaniman. Everyone has a right to know who their bio father is, if possible. At the very least, for medical history.

Leave the DNA testing up to him. Leave everything after you tell him up to him.
    Expert

Jun 6, 2018, 06:27 PM
    Good luck telling a guy his 35 year old son may not be his.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 7, 2018, 03:11 AM
    Mom's cross to bear.

Besides, what if he told his son years ago that he was never sure? He's very dark complected, the son very light.

Could be the reason why the son's always been so angry.
    Expert

Jun 7, 2018, 07:23 AM
    Could be. The devil is in the details of which we don't have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a adult child get a non biological father name off their birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Can a adult child get a non biological father name off their birth certificate

Can you sue the biological father if you find out who he is as an adult [ 9 Answers ]

I am a student and am working on a case study regarding the "Wayne Patchett" situation: This involves an adult woman who finds out this dead beat alcoholic is her biological father after she confronts his parents "Gary Patchett" and "Betty Patchett", the grandparents. They do everything to...

Non-biological father wanting to sign off rights so the biological father [ 15 Answers ]

I was pressured into signing as the father to my now ex girlfriends baby, she's now back with the biological father and we're trying to find out how I can sign the rights over so that the biological father can have rights of his baby. How would we go about signing off my rights, and would anything...

Adult Child Given Up for Adoption wants contact with supposed biological father [ 8 Answers ]

Here's the story. My husband may have fathered a daughter before we ever met. He was not named on the birth certificate and the biological mother had relations with other men during the same time frame. The girl was legally adopted by another married couple. She made contact with the birth...

Can an adult sue Biological Father for proof of Paternity [ 2 Answers ]

I am 30+ years old and recently found out in the last year that my biological father is not who I thought it was. When I contacted the man who my mother told me was my biological father, he denied it. At this age is there any way I can sue for Paternity just to prove that he is my biological...

View more questions Search