Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a1217clarke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2018, 09:33 PM
    Can husband sign credit card judgment with my name on notarized court paperwork
    I had a credit card in my name that my husband at the time said he was paying. I was paying other bills. He didn't pay. He said he would "handle it". He did this by getting me sued, he and a lawyer friend of his "handled it" all right. He said he was paying again but he didn't. I took over payments in 2013. I was told the judgment was for $15,690. I starting paying monthly. Recently I divorced my husband and in the decree he was supposed to pay for the credit card. I contacted the people who had the judgment and they told me that I owed $31,000 and I had paid $10,150 already. They said that the original order gave them interest which I was never told. I had never seen the judgment, I trusted what he told me. I got a copy of the judgment and he had forged my signature on the judgment and it was notarized. The paperwork said that I appeared in court.. I never did.. I didn't know that it had gone to court. He told me that he had agreed to make payments with the cc company.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2018, 06:27 AM
    You trusted him, after he did not pay twice when he told you.

And of course there is interest on judgements and court costs and often late fees. So it can be that your monthly payments were not even enough to cover the interest and you owe more now than what you did.

If the divorce decree says he will pay. The credit card company or collection company may still come after you, and their judgement against you is still valid. But you may now sue your ex husband to repay you the money you have to pay
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2018, 10:12 AM
    A divorce decree doesn't erase YOUR liability, and you must enforce the decree through the courts. As for his fraud, you have to report it and prove it to the proper authorities, which could make your collecting on his divorce default in a civil court extremely hard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

I received a court order today stating that I have a judgment against me from a credit card. It has been ordered that I am to pay the debt, along with atty fees, and accrued interest. Is there any way I can stop this before they garnish my wages?

Credit card judgment against me [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I have a judgment against me for $7000 , for credit card debt , collection agency that sued was Hudson and Keys . I was wondering what happens now , what can they take away from me , can they freeze my joint bank account , or make me sell personal items. I'm in Texas , what are the laws for...

Credit report for court judgment [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get a judgment against a renter, who defaulted and was evicted with money owed, onto their credit report? Does the court do it? Do I ask them to proceed?

Credit Card Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in credit card trouble and Capital One and have already entered against me. The law firm said in the letter I received that if proper arrangements weren't made the judgment may include bank and wage garnishments, where so allowed by law. I only receive a check from Social Security Disability...

Credit card Judgment [ 8 Answers ]

I am in Arizona and I have just beem summons for a judgement on a credit card dedt. Can they put a lien on my home of garnish my wages?

View more questions Search