Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MyNameIsJoeShaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2018, 04:51 PM
    Does anyone know how to get rid of fiberglass from clothes and a bedroom?
    Does anyone know how to get rid of fiberglass from clothes and a bedroom? Specifically mattress glass fiber.

My best friend and her boyfriend from America had a mattress that spread fiberglass all over their room and the walls, the curtains, their clothes, the TV, everything got effected. They've also been breathing it in which doesn't help. They've been cleaning/washing it all day and it just keeps multiplying and they're really upset so if ANY help I would really appreciate some suggestions on ways to help them out!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2018, 09:02 PM
    I'd get another mattress.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2018, 08:30 AM
    Fiberglass is very dangerous which is why if workmen etc.. Have to come into your home maybe to insulate the loft with it they always where suits that cover their whole body and a face mask if you breath it in it can cause all kinds of health issues... lungs etc..
    I would get rid of every single item that has been anywhere near any of this the health risks are to great... you will never be able to clear the fibers away they are so tiny and invisible everything needs to be thrown away .
    Maybe insurance will cover your loss... don't risk your health

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to put something under my fiberglass tub when I install it [ 1 Answers ]

Are you suppose to put something under a fiberglass tub when you install it

Curing fiberglass [ 3 Answers ]

I repaired a crack in our bathroom tub with laying a piece of fiberglass down. It is taking for ever to cure. Is there a way to improve or speed up the curing?

My clothes dryer is not drying my clothes [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer is not drying my clothes

Clothes Washer out of 2 year storage, clothes are not smelling too good [ 6 Answers ]

I know this probably has something to do with water intake, I just wanted to get everyone's recommendations on this. I had my clothes washer in storage for a couple of years and it appeared that we didn't get all of the water out before we stored it. Now when we wash clothes, there is...

Fiberglass Tub Install [ 7 Answers ]

I've been reading up on doing this and see that it is addressed here slightly, with the help of speedball1, I believe. Anyway, we want to do the job right and would like to know if there are specifics on the web on how to put the cement down. Do we frame in under the tub so the cement doesn't...

View more questions Search