Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WanderNotLost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2018, 07:32 AM
    Specified use donations
    Money donated for a deceased individual's legacy gift has been spent elsewhere. Pennsylvania, 501(c)3 corporation. Where to start?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 9, 2018, 07:27 AM
    What is the 501c(3) organization? You say that a gift was made intending that it fund a gift to a specific individual's estate, but charitable contributions may not be directed to any specific individual - that would make it a personal gift, not a charitable donation. I suspect that you may not understand how the organization makes decisions on how it grants money to recipients. We can look into this a bit deeper if you tell us the name of the charity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Donations [ 2 Answers ]

In October of 2010 we gave a donation to the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk, where do I get a letter of confimation for tax purposes, thank you

Donations [ 6 Answers ]

How can I get donations for a single Mom in need? Here's her story: Single Mom to three boys age 6 and under. One of the boys has a medical condition that requires Mom to take off work for his treatments. His medical expenses are being paid through medicare/medicaid whichever it is. She is in...

Is it okay to ask for donations? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a website that is not a non profit. Tts a site to raise moral for all serve members and their loved ones. In all honesty me and my two army buddies do want to make some sort of profit for ourselves but we also want to sponsor platoons in the army. Money is tight and we do get offers from...

Donations [ 1 Answers ]

If a church is incorporated, but does not have a 501c3 status can donations be counted off on income tax. Would we be able to give a receipt for their income tax?

View more questions Search