Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xXxnaomixXx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Any Hairdressers Out There! My Hair Is White!
    Hello, I have dyed my hair previously and it was light blonde I wanted to go a shade darker so I bought a darker colourand it turned out ginger at the roots I put up with that colour for a few days and then someone told me that if you pre lighten your hair and then dye it the desired colour.

They were wrong!

I have used the pre lightener and my hair has gone almost White, yes you heard me, and now I really just wish I had never touched my hair in the first place, I have bought another dye in hope that it will go darker, so if there's any hairdressers out there, tell me if you can but a darker colour on pre lightener please and I would be extremely grateful.

Naomi xxx
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 09:45 AM
    I screwed up my hair with home color years ago. Tried to go blond and it went orange - like prisoner jumpsuit orange. It was from trying to fix a color and my hair was really damaged.

I went to a professional hair stylist and he fixed it with a non-permanent color. The kind that washes out in a few showers. I had to keep doing that for weeks until it was long enough to cut off the worst of it and then used a very hair friendly permanent color.

See a professional - the cost will be worth it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 19, 2007, 04:54 PM
    If you're hair is chemically lightened and you apply a dark color over it, you could end up with a greenish tint in your hair. I recommend that you go to a salon and get them to do a corrective color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clear/white hard stuff on root of pubic hair shafts [ 10 Answers ]

Hey all, For the past year after I first shaved my pubic hair area I have been getting frequent redness and bumps in my pubic hair area. Sometimes I will get pimples that last for several does and once in a while I will get larger things that resemble boils. However recently I've been...

Help! My hair is highlighted too white! [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me! I just got my dark brown hair highlighted today for the first time in a while. My stylist (whom I have never used before to highlight my hair) used a cap and some peroxide to "bleach out" my strands first. Then she was supposed to give me "caramel" highlights. Well, they...

White hair on mini doxen? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1yr old male mini doxen that has white hair on his chest,belly and paws. HE also has a liver colored nose and claws, not the typical blacks ones. He is registered. I've heard the white hair could indicate health problems? Any comments ?

White and gray hair [ 1 Answers ]

I Have Quit Coloring My Hair, It Is Now White In Front, Silver Gray And Brown Else Where. Is There A Way To Soften The Color Difference? I Liked The White Until I Saw How Ugly The Gray And Brown Was In A Photo. Really Looked My Age! Judy

Hair colouring at the hairdressers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there can anyone tell me if there is a health risk having your hair coloured, as I do every six weeks and have done for about 10 years, my hair is dark brown and I only have the grey covered to the same as my natural colour, any advice appreciated. Thanks Mary

View more questions Search