Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mor2do Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2018, 08:40 PM
    Why will my gas oven not ignite?
    For several weeks my gas oven would sometimes ignite when it was turned on and sometimes it would not without being turned off and back on several times; then finally it quit igniting altogether. I had the electronic igniter replaced, and the oven worked right for about two months, but now it has started doing the same thing again. I am thinking of replacing the igniter again before resorting to buying a new oven, but is there something else repairable that could be causing the problem? The oven is only a few years old and has had only minimal to moderate use.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2018, 06:22 PM
    You said oven, not range right? If the top AND bottom (you didn't specify which ignitor you changed) you could have a bad regulator, switch, or loose wire connection.

Here is a video to explain it.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...AD&FORM=VDQVAP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was cleaning oven and oven product has leaked out engineered oak floor and is black [ 3 Answers ]

How to get Black stain off engineered oak flooring

Amana first edition oven How do I remove the oven door? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove the oven door?

Maytag CWG3100 AAE gas wall oven will not ignite [ 2 Answers ]

Our electric glow bar is glowing, but will not ignite or will take over 90 - 120 seconds to finally ignite. What needs to be done to repair? This oven is about 2 -3 years old. Thank you.

Why does my range oven throw a breaker when I open the oven door [ 2 Answers ]

Why does my gas range oven with electric ignition throw a breaker every time I open the oven door

View more questions Search