Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mor2do Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2018, 07:55 PM
    Why is water still seeping out of my toilet tank with all new inside parts?
    Water has been seeping from the toilet tank so it refills every five minutes or so. I had someone replace all the inner parts, including the rubber flapper, but it still does just like it did before. There is no visible leaking and nothing is wet around the toilet.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2018, 09:12 PM
    Did you use the correct flapper? There are differences with some brands. Did you inspect the flapper seat? Is the lift chain too tight or loose?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2018, 12:19 AM
    Sometimes the bottom part of the "flapper" is worn and also has to be replaced, and is not part of most of the rebuild kits. Also is the new flapper sitting down completely against the bottom seal. Those with chains at times get caught or set too tight
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 8, 2018, 09:19 AM
    50% of brand new floppers you buy are warp and don't seal. Make sure you have good flopper. Also, you may have to replace Fill Tube assembly which makes the seal with flopper. Thirdly, look inside the tank. If water overflows into the overflow tube, than replace Fill Valve.

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced inside toilet parts now water will not turn back on [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced all the iside parts to the toilet. Now the water will not come back on.

Toilet makes loud noise and spews water from inside tank [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My toilet has been making a loud noise for a long time now - When its flushed, it sounds like a crazy hyenna sound. This sounds lasts for about ten seconds, quite a long time really. When I take the lid off the tank, it spews a single stream of water at me. So, I assume some sort of valve is...

Replace tank inside parts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a commode tank that has a small plastic tank which has been put in to save water. I want to remove it and install parts that will allow the tank to fill with water. How to I remove and install new equipment inside for more water per flush?

Toto toilet tank inside unit water coming out at the top [ 7 Answers ]

Toto toilet tank isnide unit on the left shoots out water at the top when flushing.

Replace parts inside toilet tank . [ 9 Answers ]

Feel I need to replace the parts inside my toilet tank... After water has stopped, I cannot hear anything, but I sometimes notice a trickle of Water still coming into the bowl. I would like advice on best brand name to purchase so I can replace myself. Lowe's and Home Depot are in my...

View more questions Search