Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jesschic101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2018, 01:59 PM
    Hacked my home depot account
    I woke up to my email being bombed with spam. I looked it up and people said it's to hide when hackers have a made a purchase. That's when I came to an email from home depot stating I bought something. I got the order cancelled, but the thing is, I don't have any billing info saved on my account, so they ultimately used their own card, but my account. They also added new addresses to my profile. My question is why even go into my account and change my address only to just use their own card. Can anyone help?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2018, 12:14 AM
    They will order a new card on your account to be sent to there address.
    Also they may have a way to hack to get your account number (you would be surprised)

So you need to go or call them, cancel that card, change all passport and sign in info, and change any address change, You need to report it to them as an ID theft and even report to the police in case of other fraud actifity
    Jesschic101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2018, 03:19 AM
    I deleted any new address that they put in. They used their own visa card to purchase an item not a home depot credit card. I checked and they didn't sign up for one. I also didn't have any billing info saved on the home depot sight just my email name and number. So did they just buy something on my home depot account to "test the waters" so to speak to see if I check my emails or something?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2018, 05:21 AM
    You can never be sure what a criminal is up to so check and change everything just in case this is not a test. I don't think they would waste their time with a test, so assume the worst, and take the very good advice of Fr. Chuck and report this breach and protect yourself properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hacked account [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get back a hacked Yahoo account

Google account hacked [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Recently our Google account have been hacked and someone added a gmail account to it as primary email. I was able to remove it, but I think it was only deactivated. Because the username of the email is still in our account and when I try to connect to the account with my Android phone it...

Hacked Facebook account [ 5 Answers ]

How do I delete my hacked Facebook account? I forgot the password to it and to the email address as well! Please hellllllllllp me!! :(

Hacked Yahoo account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my Yahoo email account was hacked will Yahoo help me find out who hacked into my account

E-Mail Account Hacked [ 1 Answers ]

Friends My Yahoo Email was hacked by some unknown person & changed the password please help me to retrieve the password of my Email Account & tell me through which software I kan retrieve my password back.I have forgotten all secret information which I fillup during creation of my Mail account......

View more questions Search