Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdawnysue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2018, 07:00 AM
    Urine Alcohol Screen
    EtG says detected(1710ng/ml)
    EtS says detected (313 ng/ml)

Are those positive for alcohol consumption? My liver function numbers are high due to liver disease and medications I am taking. I am blood tested regularly
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 31, 2018, 06:55 AM
    Maybe this will help you understand your numbers which should be talked about with your doctor. https://www.uatests.com/types-of-dru...onide-test.php

http://cordantsolutions.com/wp-conte...015/09/etG.pdf

Drug Toxicology Monitoring Alcohol Metabolites, with Confirmation, Urine (90418)

Even court ordered drug tests must take into account your medical history and treatment, and you are obligated to disclose such history to them. I do know of people who have failed court ordered alcohol and drug testing even though they were abstinent, and later found to be suffering unknown to them of liver/kidney diseases.

I am sure your doctor has talked to you about your results, and he would be well within his professional capacity to suspect alcohol usage.

The short answer is YES, your tests results would trigger a positive for alcohol use by a COURT ordered testing agency, or a health care professional.

https://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/22725265

RESULTS: Urine EtG (sensitivity 76%, specificity 93%) and urine EtS (sensitivity 82%, specificity 86%) performed well in identifying recent drinking, and liver disease severity does not affect biomarker performance. After elimination of 1 false-negative self-report, urine EtG > 100 ng/ml was 100% specific for drinking within the past week, whereas 9% of the subjects without evidence of alcohol drinking for at least 1 week had EtS > 25 ng/ml. CONCLUSIONS: Urine EtG and EtS can objectively supplement the detection of recent alcohol use in patients with liver disease. Additional research may determine optimal methods for integrating these tests into clinical care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will drinking kombucha make me fail a urine screen for alcohol? [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been consuming 2 bottle of synergy kombucha a day for weeks to aid in digestion. I am on probation and was called today and informed I had failed a urine screen with a positive for alcohol. I don't drink and am very worried as to what will happen to me now. Would it have been the...

Will 4 grams of alcohol sugar fail alcohol urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I drank a energy and I noticed afterwards that it had a content of 4 grams of alcohol sugar.. will it be detected in my urine test this morning..

What can cause a positive urine alcohol level, even though no alcohol was consumed [ 6 Answers ]

I recently took a urine alcohol test and it came back positive, however I hadn't drank any alcohol in over three weeks. I have no idea why this would come back positive. I did use options conceptrol vaginal contraceptive gel the night prior to the test. The ingredients in this are Nonoxynol 9...

Alcohol in urine drug screen, panel 1 Labcorps [ 1 Answers ]

Will etoh show in urine after one drink at seven pm the night before if testing at 3-4 pm the next day after a good meal with salmon, salad, soup etc in a person weighing 270 lbs. The test is a panel one from labcorp

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

View more questions Search